Gil is a currency used in Final Fantasy 7 Remake. You can spend it on new items, Materia, accessories, etc. Read this page of the FF7R guide to learn how to get a lot of Gil!
- Battles - you get a certain amount of Gil for defeating enemies. Of course, the harder the enemies, the greater the reward. You get the most Gil for bosses and stronger optional enemies in the later chapters of the game.
- The locations in the game are very linear, but occasionally you can reach hidden barrels, which often have additional items and Gil. It is worth exploring locations to get a little more money.
- In Chapters 16 and 17, complete a Two-Person Team vs High Flyers in Shinra Tower VR to win Gil Up Materia. It increases the number of Gil received from battles by 100%. This Materia is perfect for grinding!
- You can also use Steal command during fights to steal valuable items from enemies, especially bosses. This will sometimes allow you to steal a nice amount of Gil.
- You can sell excess items to traders - if you have accessories, etc. that aren't useful anymore, sell them. Sometimes you can also pick up items that can only be sold.
- You can get a lot of money by replaying chapters on Hard. The problem with not having enough Gil happens only at the beginning of the game.