The following page of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake guide contains a description of the New game +. What does the new game + change? Is it even in the game? What do you get for completing the game on the default difficulty level? Read this page to find out!
- When you finish the game once, you unlock the Hard difficulty level. Enemies become much more powerful, so you are going to face a bigger challenge.
- You can choose any of the already completed chapters to play it again. This will allow you to get missed collectibles, complete side missions, etc.
- Your progress of completed side missions etc. is saved at the end of a chapter - it is useful when we want e.g. get new outfits for Tifa and Aerith, or complete other side missions in Chapter 9.
- You will receive twice as much EXP and three times as much AP from fights.
- A New Combat Simulator will appear at Hojo's Lab. Select Chapter 17 and fight new battles in this mode.
- The Hard difficulty also adds e.g. a unique boss.
- To get the platinum trophy, you have to, for example, play on hard to defeat the hidden boss.
- You can skip the mini-game with the bike and go straight to the next part of the Chapter.
- Your equipment, Materia, Moogle medals, character upgrades, etc. are moved on as you repeat the chapters.