This page of the FF7R guide has the best builds for Tifa. We have prepared a plan on how to develop this character based on her weapons and skills. We divided this section of the guide into chapters to make weapons completion and character development easier.
- Tifa's development up until Chapter 4
- Tifa's development up until Chapter 9
- Tifa's development up until Chapter 18
Tifa's development up until Chapter 4
- If Cloud is fully focused on physical attacks then Tifa should be a half-mage. This chapter describes such build.
- Tifa starts with Leather Gloves. For now, use them as Tifa's default weapon. Buy these skills in Leather Gloves Core: Max HP +100, Max MP +5 and Attack Power +5.
- Leather Gloves Core I - here we get Max HP +150, Attack Power +6, New Materia Slot. At this point in the game, Tifa will still mainly focus on physical attacks. Her main task will be to e.g. stagger enemies.
- The selection of Materia doesn't matter that much at this point of the game. However, it is worth leveling up every elemental Materia that we have. For example, Ice Materia and First Strike Materia are also really useful.
- As for accessories/armor - use any. However, remember to leave accessories that increase Magic Power for Tifa.
Tifa's development up until Chapter 9
- Along the way, you will change your weapon to Metal Knuckles (a weapon focused on Attack Power, but in our build, the one focused on attacking is Cloud). You can equip it temporarily and use Tifa as a fighter.
- In Chapter 7, you can get Tifa's hidden weapon - Sonic Strikers. This should be her main weapon at this point in the game. Develop: Sonic Strikers Core - Magic Attack Power +5, Max MP +6. In Sonic Strikers Sub-Core, choose buffs for elements you use, e.g. Fire Damage 5% Boost, Ice Damage 5%, etc. In Sub-Core II, select e.g. Magic Attack Power +5, Max MP +6, Elemental Materia Damage +10% Boost.
- This makes Tifa quite a caster - you can now rely mostly on spells. You should also use her skills to stagger enemies.
- In Chapter 8, buy Way of the Fist Vol. 1 at the Moogle Emporium, to boost her SP.
Tifa's development up until Chapter 18
- Tifa, like Barrett, isn't always on the team. Try to make her as a half magician and half warrior. She should have a few offensive Materia.
- In Chapter 10, drain the water in the aqueduct to get Feathered Gloves. You get Mythril Claws for defeating the boss in Chapter 13. Purple Pain can be acquired in Chapter 16, near the place where Tifa falls down after climbing a ladder.
- Depending on the battles, you can switch between several weapons. In magic-oriented fights, Tifa can use Mythril Claws. However, in many cases, Feathered Gloves are a universal choice.
- Due to her attack speed, Tifa is great at staggering enemies. Use this in fights, including those against tough bosses.