This FF7R guide page provides a description of the best skills in the game. Many of the abilities come with weapons that you find later in the game. However, some skills are far more interesting than others and it is worth getting them as soon as possible.
Note - the chapter will be expanded over time!
- Focused Thrust - Buster Sword's default skill. Inconspicuous but useful for many fights in the game - it fills up enemies' stagger bar.
- Triple Slash - Iron Blade's skill. You attack three enemies one by one, inflicting more damage with each strike. Ideal for larger groups of enemies or bosses with minions.
- Arcane Ward - Aerith's default Guard Stick skill. It creates a magic field around Aerith. All offensive spells cast in this field are doubled. A very strong skill in the later stages of the game.
- Lifesaver - Barret's Light Machine Gun. It allows Barret to receive damage dealt to other party members. An absolute killer among skills, very useful throughout the game, especially when Barret becomes your party's tank, has Materia increasing HP etc.
- Focused Strike - Tifa's Sonic Strikers. A strong attack that builds up the stagger bar fast. It fits very well with the woman's other skills and her quick punches.