This page of our Final Fantasy 7 Remake guide has information about Status Ailments.
What are Status Ailments?
Status Ailments are negative effects cast by enemies. You can't protect yourself from them, you can only react afterwards.
You have to pay close attention to them if you want to avoid problems in battles.
How to remove Status Ailments?
The quickest way to get rid of Status Ailments is to use the antidote or cast Esuna.
However, if you know that a given Status Ailment isn't a problem to you and that you can wait it out, choose this solution. You can just wait for the effect to disappear. It will happen after some time has passed or the battle is over.
Types of Status Ailments
FF7 Remake has 9 Status Ailments:
- Poison - poisons the hero and gradually depletes HP;
- Silence - a character cannot cast spells;
- Sleep - a character cannot make any move;
- Slow - reduces ATB charging speed;
- Stop - a character cannot make any move;
- Toad - significantly reduces the strength of attacks;
- Berserk - causes the character to receive much more damage;
- Fury - causes the character to receive much more damage;
- Sedate - slows the Limit Break bar.