This page of our FUT 23 FIFA guide is dedicated to one of the best formations to use in FIFA 23 Ultimate Team: 4-2-3-1. We suggest what tactics you should choose, as well as what instructions to set for individual players.
The 4-2-3-1 formation consists of 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 3 offensive midfielders and 1 striker. The main advantage of this formation is the ability to play the ball between tightly positioned offensive players. Two defensive midfielders will support the defense.
- Style of play: balanced
- Width: 45.
- Depth: 60.
- Constructing Action: Balanced.
- Chance Creation: Direct Passing.
- Width: 55.
- Density of sixteenth note: 6.
- Corners: 2.
- Free kicks: 2.
- Forward: stick to center, mixed attack, normal steals, basic defense support.
- Side offensive midfielders: go back to defense, to the penalty area near the centers, keep an eye on your position, normal steals.
- Central offensive midfielder: stay in front, steady runs to goal, control your position, normal interceptions.
- Defensive midfielder (more offensive): balanced defense, balanced attack, normal steals, mid-cover, stay in position.
- Defensive midfielder (more defensive): balanced defense, stay behind, normal interceptions, center cover, stay in position.
- Central defenders: stay behind, normal steals, keep an eye on your position.
- Side defenders: stay behind, normal steals, mixed attack, stay in position.