This page of the guide to the FUT 22 mode in FIFA 22 explains what the Team of the Week (TOTW) is, how EA selects players for this lineup, and how to earn money from it.
Each week in FIFA 22, EA rewards players who performed extremely well in recent games on the world fields. Selected players receive a special TOTW card that has a better overall rating and enhanced specific stats.
When a special player card (TOTW, OTW, etc.) appears in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team, his regular card disappears from packs for the week.
The Team of the Week appears in FIFA 22 Ultimate Team every Wednesday at 7:00 PM CET. From this point on, cards of the players within the TOTW come in packs.
Player selection for TOTW - how does it work?
Each week, EA rewards 23 selected players who will appear on the Team Of The Week. You can make your own selections of players who will end up in TOTW by following a few simple guidelines:
- Main lineup: TOTW's main lineup is made up mostly of players from popular football leagues and well-known teams such as Manchester United, Milan, FC Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, although there may of course be exceptions;
- Bench: A few players from the better leagues and bigger/medium-sized clubs are selected for the bench, and the rest of the cards are the so called Fillers, or weaker filler cards, which will most often come in packs;
- TOTW will always include several strikers, midfielders, defenders and at least 2 goalkeepers. It will never include just offensive players;
- The Team of the Week is usually made up of players who have scored a lot of goals (e.g. hat-trick) in one game (assists are additionally rewarded), and their team won the game. Players who have been performing very well in the last few games and regularly score 1 goal and assist with more goals may also be chosen for the TOTW. Sometimes a goal that granted victory to a team in a difficult game is judged well;
- Well rated are the defenders who did their job well and kept a clean slate in every game and/or scored a goal;
- Goalkeepers who have kept a clean slate for many games in a row and/or performed very well or saved an important penalty kick etc. are also usually selected to the TOTW.
How to make money from TOTW?
Many matches are played on world fields every week, so it's hard to keep up with the stats of all players. Fortunately, there are websites that put it all together for you - you can find one such page at this link.
Before you start buying players who could potentially appear in TOTW, consider whether it will really pay off. Invest only in players who are in demand, i.e. are in the meta and are wanted by Players, especially before FUT Champions. This refers to players who play in a strong league and whose nationality allows them to fit into many hybrid lineups. Football players who are often used to create a very profitable SBC are also worth noting.
Don't sell the purchased cards until the market is drained of them, which usually happens around Friday, just before the FUT Champions games.