In this section of the FIFA 21 guide, you will find important information about the FIFA Ultimate Team transfer market, as well as learn what transaction tax is and how to calculate it.
The transfer market in FIFA 21 is a very important place where you spend a lot of time and has its own set of rules. A good understanding of these rules and the right money-making technique will determine the financial success of your club in FUT 21. The goal of using the FIFA Ultimate Team transfer market is to make the biggest profit on trading players, managers and consumables cards. But before you start to achieve satisfactory results, you need to first learn the basics of the transfer market in FIFA 21.
- One game - three transfer markets
- Cards price ranges
- FUT 21 transfer market tax - how to calculate it?
One game - three transfer markets
FIFA 21 is not a cross-platform game which means that when playing on PC, you cannot play matches with PS or Xbox players. The lack of support for cross-platform matches also means that each platform has its own separate transfer market. This means that the prices of cards put up for sale on different markets can vary quite widely. For example, the same player can cost 70,000 coins on the PS4 market, 80,000 coins on the Xbox market, and 100,000 coins on the PC.
If you're wondering why this is happening, the main factor contributing to the higher prices for the FUT 21 cards on PC than on the console markets is that more people are playing FIFA 21 on PS and Xbox. This means more packs opened and more cards put up on the transfer market. This will affect their price. In addition, PS and Xbox consoles are the main platforms for FIFA games – the most important tournaments are on played them.
When checking the prices of players' cards on the Internet, pay particular attention to specific transfer markets (PS, Xbox, PC) to avoid selling a player for dirt-cheap.
Cards price ranges
The FUT transfer market does not allow players to dictate their prices for certain players, as EA has set certain price ranges for all markets regardless of platform (PS, Xbox, PC). The purpose of this is to control the transfer market and thus make it difficult to illegally buy and sell coins in FIFA 21. What does this mean for the players?
- For sellers - you cannot set the price of the card below its minimum price or above its maximum value. For example, you will not put a regular gold card up for sale with a price of less than 300 coins or for 100,000 coins;
- For buyers - you can't buy a card below its minimum price or at a price that deviates significantly from its maximum limit. For example, you will not buy a TOTW card for 5,000 coins when its minimum price is 10,500. However, you will not accidentally buy a card for 150,000, which normally has a maximum price of 100,000 coins.
In FIFA 21, there are price ranges for all cards: players, managers, consumable cards (playing styles, contracts), shirts, balls, etc. If you want to check the current price range of a given card, just try to put it on the transfer market. It should be noted here that during a FIFA Ultimate Team season, the price ranges of the most important cards may be updated so that players who were unavailable to most players at the start may be within their financial reach later.
FUT 21 transfer market tax - how to calculate it?
The goal of any player on the FUT 21 transfer market is to obtain as many coins as possible for the cards they are selling. It is worth knowing, however, that for every transaction made (a successful card sale), the player receives 95% of the price – the remaining 5% goes to the tax (the money is paid automatically). For this reason, any transaction must be well thought through and recalculated. For a low-risk transaction, like buying a card for 1,000 coins and selling it for 1,100 coins, you'll earn just 45 coins (65 will go to the tax). The problem can arise when you are buying and selling cards for much larger amounts of money for top players (Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar JR, etc.) as well as Icons. For example, by buying a card for 100,000 coins and later selling it for 101,000, you will lose over 4,000 coins on this investment!
- You paid 100,000 coins for the card;
- After a while, you put it on the transfer market for 101,000 coins;
- For a successful transaction you get 95% of the price, or 95,950 coins;
- 5,050 coins went to the tax;
- You lost 4,050 coins on this transaction.
Before making any deal on the FUT 21 transfer market, consider whether it will be profitable, especially if you want to pay a lot of coins. In the future, this will save you bitter disappointments and the loss of hard-earned coins.