In this chapter of the FIFA 21 game guide, you will find out what is the Team of the Week (TOTW), how EA selects the players who get a special TOTW card, and how you can make money in the transfer market in FUT 21.
Each week, EA rewards footballers who have shown outstanding capabilities in recent games on the world's fields in FIFA 21. These players receive a special TOTW card, which has a better overall score and enhanced specific stats. Most importantly, when a special card of a given player appears in FUT 21 (TOTW, OTW, Scream, etc.), his usual card disappears from the pack for all week and if you can pick the right players, you can make a lot of money from that.
Team of the week (TOTW) - How does EA pick players?
EA picks up 23 players each week, who are later assigned to the special Team of the Week (TOTW). How these players are selected is very simple and logical.
- The main squad consists mostly of players from big and well-known football leagues and clubs such as Manchester United, Napoli, Milan, FC Barcelona, Manchester City, Chelsea, etc.;
- Several players from better football leagues and larger/medium-size clubs are selected as a backup, and the rest are so-called fillers from minor clubs and leagues. The latter is most common in the packages;
- TOTW includes several strikers, midfielders, defenders, and at least 2 goalkeepers. A situation in which the TOTW will consist of only strikers is impossible;
- To make the TOTW, a player has to score a high number of goals in one match and/or perform an extra assist, and their team has also won the game. TOTW can also feature footballers who have shown excellent form and goalkeeping in several matches in a row;
- TOTW includes defenders who kept a clean sheet in an important encounter and/or scored a goal/assist;
- In TOTW you can find the goalkeepers who kept a clean sheet in an important match.
Team of the week in FIFA 21appears every Wednesday at 19:00 CET - from that hour players are available in packs. At 18:00 CET, EA's Twitter feed features a graphic of the contestants in the latest ratings.
TOTW footballers - How to make money on them?
Every week, there are plenty of matches played on the world's pitches in different football leagues, so it would be difficult to keep track of the statistics of all the footballers who could potentially be in the upcoming TOTW. Fortunately, with this one tool, this can be greatly simplified.
- Instead of sitting around for hours over statistics and checking on specific players' performances, just use a tool made available for free on the Futbinwebsite. You will find a full list of individual players' up to date actions, as well as information on whether their team won the match. Here you can not only check, how many goals and assists individual players have scored but also filter the list in terms of position on the field;
- Invest only in cards that will be in demand- the players are currently in the so-called meta and will be sought by players who want to strengthen their squad for the FUT weekend league. Footballers which play for good clubs and their nationality allows for hybrid squads or are used for specific SBC (Squad Building Challenges) will be valuable. Perfect examples are Ousmane Dembélé, Allan Saint-Maximin, Sancho, Marcus Rashford, Felipe Anderson, Fred, Nathan Aké, Éder Militao, Sergio Ramos, Bailey, Gnabry;
- Don't invest in cards that aren't in demand and the transfer market is just full of them;
- Wait with selling pre-purchased gold cards until the market is lacking them, which usually is between Friday and Sunday. The most important thing is to sell these players by Wednesday before they appear in the pack again.