The game guide to the beta version of Fear the Wolves focuses on the most important features of the game and helps to understand the basics of this unique battle royale clone. The first part of the guide contains details about the basics of the gameplay. There, you can find the description of a match, starting tips, description of the map with the focus on the most important spots and the system of weather anomalies. The next chapter focuses on the gameplay with the emphasize on the beginning, the middle part and the ending stages of a match. The guide also contains information on the shooting mechanics, the best landing spots, how to fight with the AI controlled enemies and the description of the available vehicles. The weather anomalies and their impact on the gameplay are broadly discussed in the further part of the guide. The second-to-last chapter contains information on the system requirements and the last chapter is the FAQ section.
Starting tips for Fear the Wolves
We have gathered a lot of tips that should help you survive in the brutal world of Fear the Wolves. Although the game is based on Battle Royale concept, known from such games like PUBG and Fortnite, Fear the Wolves has a few mechanics that distinguish it from other games in this genre. In this chapter you can find the best tips that should be helpful in the beginning of the game. Here, you can learn how to start and survive in the game's world, to what you should pay attention to and what should be avoided.
- Fear the Wolves in a nutshell - what distinguishes the game developed by Vostok Games. Here, you can learn the basics of Battle Royale games.
- Starting tips - how to start and what must be done at the beginning of the game. These tips will help you survive and reach the final stage of match. Remember: besides the players, you must also face, e.g. wolves and various mutants.
- What you SHOULDN'T do in Fear the Wolves - another helpful chapter. Here, you can learn what you have to avoid and where you must extra careful. Behaviors from other FPP games may not work in Battle Royale titles. Be careful when you are exploring open areas, remember to close doors (you don't want your enemies to know that you are or you were inside of a particular building).
The map of Fear the Wolves
In this part you can check out the game's map. We have dedicated separate pages for the map's legend, its sectors and numerous color markings that you will come across during the game. Read this chapter if you want to know which place is the best for landing, what happens when you enter the dead zone or where to find the best loot. This chapter is constantly developed with new content so remember to check it on a regular basis.
- The map - description of the map, its legend and sectors (descriptions of the color markings that appear on the map).
- The best landing spots - chapter in progress.
The guide for the beta version of Fear the Wolves contains:
- Gameplay basics.
- Starting tips.
- Description of the map with the list of the most important spots and the anomaly system.
- Description of a match divided into stages.
- Description of the shooting mechanics.
- The best landing spots.
- Description of vehicles.
- Tips for fights against AI controlled enemies.
- Description of the anomaly system.
- System requirements.
- FAQ section.
About Fear the Wolves Game Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
last update : August 28, 2018
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Fear the Wolves Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Vostok Games
- publisher: Focus Home Interactive
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
In Fear the Wolves the action is presented from the first-person perspective. During the game the players participate in battle royale matches – they are taken to a vast map on which one hundred players are facing each other. The last man standing is the winner. In order to win, the players need proper tools – although the matches start with basic equipment, weapons and gadgets can be found on the map. Using them is required for victory.
It is worth remembering that other players aren’t the only threat – the players must also face aggressive, mutated animals, various anomalies and territories corrupted with radiation. To survive visiting such areas, players must wear hazmat suits. Dynamic weather and a day and night cycle makes battles more interesting as well.
Fear the Wolves features decent graphics. The developers used modest color palette and thanks to that the battles are fought in a grim atmosphere.