In the settings menu of Farming Simulator 19 you'll have the opportunity to modify many game options affecting its difficulty and sometimes customize it to your preference. After opening the menu during the game, you'll find the settings tab as the fourth from the right. Below you'll find a detailed description of the settings:
1. Name of the saved game - by changing the name, you won't create a new save state in another slot.
2. Timescale - changing the speed of time passage between: real time, x5, x15, x30, x60, x120. x60 means that the in-game day will last 24 minutes of real time; x120 - 12 minutes.
3. Traffic - disable this option if you do not want cars controlled by NPCs to appear on the roads.
4. Dirt - set how fast your vehicles get dirty. You can clean a dirty vehicle with a pressure washer (after purchasing it in the Miscellaneous tab in the Shop).
5. Automatic Engine Start - choose whether the engine should start automatically after you get into the vehicle.
6. Stop & Go Braking - the vehicle automatically gets into reverse gear after you stop.
7. Fuel Usage - the fuel consumption of vehicles.
8. Helper Refill - the following items determine whether the helpers are to use the components - fertilizer, seeds and fuel - placed in the tools to buy them themselves. This means that if you have refueled the machine's tank, the helper won't be using up your fuel. The option for helpers to purchase the components needed for work will costs you more than if you'll fill the tanks yourself.
9. Plant growth - determines the speed of plant growth. At the fastest speed most plants will grow fully within a full day; on slower level (default) it will take them approx. 26-30 in-game hours.
10. Plant withering - determine whether the plants are to wither if you don't harvest them in time. Nothing can be done with withered plants.
11. Crop destruction - determine whether the plants are to be destroyed when you drive on them (beginning with the second stage of growth). If the option is active, use narrow wheels to not damage the crop.
12. Periodic Plowing Required - determine whether a periodic (every 3rd harvest) field plowing (for grains) required to maintain their high level of growth.
13. Lime required - determine whether a periodic (every 3rd harvest) field lime fertilization is required to maintain a high level of growth.
14. Weeds - determine whether you want weeds to appear on the field. If this option is disabled, weeds will never appear, at any stage of development, for any type of plant.