Farming Simulator 19: Pigs, tips Farming Simulator 19 Guide and Tips
Last update: Monday, May 4, 2020
Pigs are one of the most demanding animals in Farming Simulator 19. In order to make a reasonable profit on them, you must maintain a high level of reproduction - selling multiplied pigs is the only way to get your money back.
However, pigs also produce slurry and farmyard manure. So if you only want to get free fertilizer, get some straw from them (for manure) and feed them with anything. For pig breeding you need pig enclosure in one of the versions:
- smaller - 90 000$, capacity: 100 pigs;
- bigger - 250 000$, capacity: 300 pigs.
It is worthwhile to build the enclosure near the silo.
- Maintenance of pigs
- Production: fertilizers and reproduction
- Summary and profitability of pig breeding
Maintenance of pigs
In order to keep pigs at a high level of reproduction and profit from them, you have to grow different plants and distribute mixed food for pigs yourself. The food consists of:
- 50% : corn,
- 25% - wheat or oat,
- 20% - soy, sunflower, or rape,
- 5% - sugar beet or potatoes.
As you can see from the above: corn is almost an obligatory component of the diet. Wheat and barley also provide straw. Soy, sunflower and rape as well as beet and potatoes may be omitted in the initial phase, unless the pig enclosure is your main or only one.
If you want to maximize profits with the least effort, you can buy the ready pig feed from the store, which ensures a 100% production efficiency. The best way to dispose of bags from pallets purchased in the store straight to the tipper.
Production: fertilizers and reproduction
12 pigs can ensure reproduction within 12 hours. So if you buy 12 pigs, you will get two times a day, i.e. a profit of $3000/day, which can be multiplied by the number of pigs. Remember, however, that these numbers are difficult to obtain due to the large amount of work with these animals, and sometimes you lose some of your money on food from the store.
Collected fertilizers: slurry and manure (you can also sell). The 12 pigs will provide you with 550 liters of slurry (500$/1000l) and 700 liters of manure (400$/1000l), which you can sell in the Natural Gas Plant. Note: you can use the services of the biogas plant only when you buy the plot of land on which it is located! Sale prices in the biogas plant are fixed.
Summary and profitability of pig breeding
- Pigs are poorly profitable business. A lot of work is needed to ensure high efficiency. They have the highest reproductive rate, but the price per piece is the same as for sheep. The only advantage is the fact that free fertilizers are produced.
- In the initial phases of the game it is worth keeping pigs only for diagnosis, feeding them "just about anything". Remember that for the production of farmyard manure straw is also required, and for both types of fertilizers you need separate machines. The slurry spreader also has the advantage that you can use it for spreading digestate in the future.
- Note, however, that you get huge amounts of straw at each harvest: so use the option to deliver straw to the pigs to get manure and sell it when the tank is full - but if you don't have a Biogas plant, skip this step.