To keep chickens in Farming Simulator 19, you have to build a poultry house - open the store and go to the last property tab. There you will find chicken pens (chicken coops) in two sizes:
- Smaller one for 100 chickens (20 000$),
- Larger one (for 40 000$) - has a capacity for 400 chickens.
To buy chickens, go to the animal dealer or stand in front of the poultry house gate. You will pay $50+15 per animal for transport (there are no trailers for transporting poultry). Roosters are there. However, they do not tolerate eggs and do not influence the rate of animal reproduction..
Maintenance - how to raise chickens?
The chickens only need food to live on: wheat. Pour them out of the trailer at the marked spot, to the right of the gate. In a smaller chicken coop you will leave 1000l of food, in a large 5000l.
The chicken pens have to be cleaned from time to time (cleanliness factor). However, do not bother to do this too often. Cleaning is about getting rid of scattered feed near the feeding area. Use a spoon attached to the tractor. As the purity decreases, the rate of reproduction decreases slightly?
Chickens lay eggs that you can sell for a good price on the market. Every 20 chickens generate 1l of eggs for 15 minutes in the game. So about 100 chickens will generate 5l eggs / 15min = 480l eggs per day.
Chickens also have a reproduction factor:
- 10 chickens generate a new one every 24 hours. So with 20 chickens it will take the time of 12h; 100 chickens (of the same type) need only 2:30h.
- Chickens must be of the same species (color) to improve the rate of reproduction;
- The new chicken is worth half of the purchase price: $25-15$ transport costs = $10 per hen.
- At the beginning the production rate will be unknown. Even after the feed is replenished you will not see any information in your overview: give them a moment; with more chickens you have to wait even a few minutes.
Sale and summary
To sell chickens, go in front of the gate of the selected chicken pen and open the menu. From there you can sell the chicken surplus.
Eggs appear in cardboard boxes in front of the henhouse. One full box holds 150l of eggs. You can transport them to collection point on a pickup pace or any other trailer (manual loading).
To sum the things up: the number of chickens affects the speed of reproduction. If you want to make money on eggs, this is a slow business and it brings little income. However, it only requires wheat.