In Far Cry: New Dawn, getting new weapons or unlocking perks aren't the only ways to develop your character. Upgrading your base, Prosperity, is equally important - thanks to these upgrades you will increase your health, get access to better weapons or make guns for hire do more damage. This page contains the most important information regarding your main base.
How to upgrade Prosperity?
Prosperity upgrades require ethanol - you can get this resource by capturing outposts and trucks transporting ethanol. Every building in Prosperity has three levels. You need to spend a certain amount of ethanol to upgrade them - higher levels require more of this resource.
Besides that, you need to upgrade Prosperity to be able to increase the buildings' levels. For example - if Prosperity is at level two, the maximum level for your buildings is also two. You don't need ethanol to upgrade Prosperity - you need specialists. They are special characters you encounter during the main storyline. Specialist missions are available right from the beginning - their detailed walkthroughs are in our guide.
You want to get ethanol fast? Check "How to get ethanol?" chapter.
What facilities are in Prosperity?
There are seven buildings/places in Prosperity. Some of them allow you to craft weapons and vehicles, others unlock new abilities or give you permanent bonuses, e.g. more health points. Below you can find the full list of all buildings/objects:
- Weapon Workbench - allows you to craft new weapons. The higher the level of this facility, the better weapons you can craft.
- Infirmary - increases your maximum health.
- Vehicle Workbench - you can make vehicles. The higher the level of this facility, the better vehicles you can make.
- Training Camp - increases health and damage of guns for hire.
- Explosive Lab - you can craft explosives.
- Expeditions - unlocks expeditions and fast travel.
- Healing Garden - improves medkits.
- Cartography - reveals locations, hidden treasures or wild animals.
At the beginning of the game, you should focus on upgrading Weapon Workbench and Vehicle Workbench by one level. The first facility unlocks the option to craft level two weapons, the second will unlock fast travel to liberated outposts.