Alcatraz is the fourth expedition which you'll take part in Far Cry: New Dawn. During this expedition, you'll travel to this cult-classic prison island to retrieve another package.
This map contains only two drop/extraction points. Their locations are as follows:
- A small port located in the western part of the island. You need to watch out, as the road leading from it can be patrolled by a bandit on a motorbike.
- A small glade in the south. It is far away from the main building of the prison, so it is not guarded.
All three packages that are your objective during the mission are found in holding cells. The locations are shown by smoke-producing flares. Shoot the padlock found at the entrances to the cells and get inside to retrieve the package. On medium and hard difficulty levels the corridor leading to the cells is guarded by two bandits. You can distract the guards using stones or wait until they turn their back towards you and get in unnoticed.
- Corridors on upper floors contain fewer guards. Use them to have an easier time traversing the prison building.
- If you want to avoid detection when opening the cell with the package, you have to use a silenced weapon.
- You need to watch out for boats while waiting for the helicopter. The bandits will approach from the sea when you are busy with defending the location from enemies incoming from the island.
The area around the hill is guarded by bandits on motorbikes. As a result, avoid using main roads. Doing that, you'll lower the risk of detection.
Avoid staying in the delivery point too long. There are guard towers housing snipers around it.