Capturing outposts is one of the main features of Far Cry: New Dawn. They are your main source of ethanol - you need it to upgrade Prosperity. Check this page to learn where to look for outposts, how to capture them, and what profits they give you.
Where to look for outposts?
Outposts are scattered around the entire in-game world, but they aren't marked on the map. You have to look for them yourself. However, this isn't difficult to do - outposts are usually large objects that you can easily spot on the map. After getting closer to an outpost, you will automatically receive a mission during which you have to capture that particular outpost.
Do you want to learn the locations of all the outposts in Far Cry: New Dawn? Check the map in the "Outposts" chapter.
How to capture outposts?
The game doesn't force you to capture outposts in a specific way. During this part, you can use your favorite tactic of fighting with enemies. Regardless of how you want to capture outposts, you should remember about these things:
- Every outpost has an alarm tower - the tall construction with a red lamp. Sneak and deactivate the alarm before you start attacking that outpost. Enemies won't be able to call for reinforcements, and you will get more ethanol by capturing this outpost.
- Besides deactivating the alarm, you should also scout the area to see where the enemies are. Aim at an enemy and the game will mark him for you. Thanks to that, you will be able to see his current position (even through objects and walls).
- Many of the outposts have objects that can help you capture it. For example - shoot red barrels when enemies are standing near them. You can also shoot at a padlock blocking the gate of a cage that has a wild animal inside of it - that animal will attack your enemies.
- Having a gun for hire when you are capturing an outpost is always useful. Choose a teammate that suits your style. For example - Nana is great for silent attacks from a greater distance; Horatio will attract the attention of your enemies.
- Kill all enemies to capture an outpost, including reinforcements.
Check "Guns for hire" chapter to learn how to unlock new companions.
What do I get from capturing outposts?
Capture outposts to get ethanol - you need this resource to upgrade Prosperity. Capturing an outpost gives you at least 100 units of ethanol - you can get more if you capture an outpost without raising the alarm or when you capture a high-level outpost. To increase an outpost's level, you have to let the enemies have it again - you can do that on the world map. That outpost will be full of enemies again. These new enemies are stronger, but if you manage to capture that outpost, you will get more ethanol. Remember to search a liberated outpost for various containers (safes, chests) - they always contain a little bit of ammo and crafting materials.
Do you want to know how upgrading Prosperity works? Check the "Upgrading Prosperity" chapter.