H.M.S. MacCoubrey is the first expedition you can participate in while playing Far Cry: New Dawn. During it you will go to Florida where you must claim the cargo from the aircraft carrier controlled by bandits. This chapter features useful advice related to completing this mission.
There are two potential drop locations available on this map. They are selected randomly before the expedition start - the difficulty level doesn't impact them. Their location is following:
- The glade near the lighthouse. It's in a straight line from the ship.
- A small garbage dump at the street that leads to the main entrance to the ship.
After acquiring the package you must deliver it to the helicopter landing spot. Similarly to the drop zone, there are two potential locations available:
- A small beach located near the prow of the ship
- A glade near the lighthouse where you might have started the mission.
The package is located in different place depending on difficulty level.
There is a small room under the deck. The package is on the desk directly under the stairs that lead to the main part of the ship.
There might be up to three bandits around this spot. In some cases they are patrolling the stairs which makes them easy to miss.
In the desk in captain's cabin. It's located on the highest floor of the ship.
Usually there are two enemies in the room. However, you must watch out for the bandits located on the outside bridge.
On the main deck, ahead from the main ship entrance.
The package is guarded by two enemies. One more is patrolling the nearby area.
You can enter the ship by using three different entrances. Selecting proper one will make it easier to get the package on a specific difficulty level:
- There is a scaffolding from the lighthouse side, it leads to the main deck. This entrance is best if you play on medium difficulty level.
- Main entrance. The road leads to it. This entrance is best when you play on highest difficulty level.
- Further behind the main entrance, on the cliff that is around the beach, you will find a platform. It leads to the staircase connected to a room under the deck. It is the best option when you play on easy difficulty level.
In addition to that, the deck can be left by using two additional roads:
- At the prow there is a zip-line. It leads near the beach that is one of the potential landing spots for the helicopter.
- There is a ramp near the main entrance. If you get a car, you can use it to jump from the ship.
- In most cases the staircase that leads to captain's cabin is empty. Only the outside bridges are patrolled by bandits.
- It might happen that there is a vehicle on the deck. Eliminating the driver without being detected is almost impossible. Because of that, it is better to avoid the driver.
- Basically, all bandits are moving near the main entrance. The rest of the main deck is almost empty. Despite that, you must watch out as the whole area is within the range of their sight.
- If you start this expedition early in the game, you won't have access to a weapon with a suppressor. In that case the only way to quietly eliminate enemies is to do it directly. Use rocks to lure the bandits to places where you can safely eliminate them.