Fishing is one of the more extensive side activities in Far Cry: New Dawn. The main goal of fishing is to earn money. You can do this activity whenever you want to. However, fishing in New Dawn isn't as complex as it was in the previous game.
Hunting is another side activity available in Far Cry: New Dawn. You can learn more about it from one of the chapters.
- How to unlock a fishing rod?
- Where can I go fishing?
- How to catch a fish?
- What do I get from fishing?
- How to catch the demon fish?
How to unlock a fishing rod?
To unlock a fishing rod, you have to get Fishing Rod perk. After that, the item will be added to your inventory. This is the only type of a fishing rod available in the game - you can't craft or purchase other versions.
Where can I go fishing?
Fish can only be found in a fishery. These fisheries are divided by the species. On the map, they are all marked with a fish icon. Move the cursor over an icon to learn about a species and quality. You can find fish habitats:
- During exploration.
- By purchasing maps.
How to catch a fish?
After reaching a fish habitat, choose the fishing rod from the weapons wheel. To catch a fish, you have to:
- Press the button to cast a reel. The line will straight - stand directly in front of a fish. Cast the reel close to a fish to hook it faster.
- Start reeling slowly. This movement will attract nearby fish. If none of them are interested, take the reel out of the water and cast it again.
- If you hooked a fish, press the right button to catch it.
- Time to take the fish out of the water. Do to that, you have to make the fish tired. Move your fishing rod to the opposite direction of a fish, reeling the line at the same time. Pay attention to the line's color. Don't allow the line to turn red - it means that the line is about to snap. Release the reel line button and wait for it to turn back into green.
After taking the fish out, you will see the basic information about it (species and weight).
What do I get from fishing?
Fishing has two main goals.
- Completing challenges. Every completed challenge gives you a perk point.
- Every fish can be sold. They have different values and they give you different resources. Use fishing to resupply crafting materials.
How to catch the demon fish?
The demon fish is an unusual type of fish in Far Cry: new Dawn. It isn't assigned to a specific fishing spot. You can usually encounter it near the Island outpost and around the island that is the headquarters of Children of Eden.
It's a large fish that you can see while moving through the water. You can't catch it with a fishing rod. You can kill it only with weapons. Once you deal enough damage, the fish will die and start falling to the bottom of the water. Then you can collect its skin as a trophy.