This page of the guide to Far Cry 6 explains how to get new equipment - specifically new weapons, armors and clothing items, supremos and gadgets. Additionally, it explains whether you can take over enemy weapons.
- Getting weapons and clothing
- Gaining supremos
- Getting new gadgets
- Taking weapons from enemies - is it possible?
Getting weapons and clothing
You can find weapons and clothing items primarily as loot found in large containers. That can be:
- Regular items - these appear in random boxes in the game world.
- Unique Weapons - each weapon is located in a specific container and we have compiled their locations on a separate page - Unique weapons. It's best to learn about these locations first, so that you can go and get the best weapons still in the early stages of the campaign. This will allow you to get quality guns and start using them sooner.
Weapons and armor parts can be mission rewards. Some of the rewards may be hidden by default and you will only find out about them at the end of the quest, but most of the time you will see a list of rewards at the beginning of the quest. We've included all the unique quest rewards in our walkthrough.
Yet another way is to buy equipment from dealers. The main dealer categories are:
- Juan's Weapon Dealers - levelling up expands the dealers' offers and adds more high quality items you can purchase.
- Bandidos Barracks Dealer in Guerrilla Camp - You must first purchase the barracks as one of your projects. Levelling this project up will expand the merchant's offer.
- Lola from the guerrilla camp - you need to spend the Moneda currency, which you can get by doing Special Operations and hunting the uprising leaders (in endgame).
As a reminder, supremos are backpacks that feature various special attacks. You can only get them one way - by buying them from Juan's workshop on Libertad Island. Unfortunately, you have to pay for them with depleted uranium, which is a unique and rare resource in the game. Look around for it in enemy bases.
Additional note - at Juan's you can also spend uranium to buy the so-called Resolver guns. These are unique destruction weapons that work in unique ways. They include a flamethrower, crossbow, explosive sniper and a nail gun.
Getting new gadgets
Gadgets are disposable items, such as various types of grenades, dynamite, throwing knives, or distraction balls. In Far Cry 6 , you assign them to the currently selected supremo.
Only a few gadgets are available at the very beginning of the game. You have to unlock all other by spending crafting resources. You must visit any workbench and go to the supremos modification tab. Once you spend the resources, you will be able to set a given gadget as active (you spend the resources for a given gadget only once, and you can later replenish it the usual way).
Taking weapons from enemies - is it possible?
Unfortunately Far Cry 6 doesn't allow you to pick up weapons from the enemies you kill. Even if you get to a location where a soldier has been with a sniper rifle, heavy rifle, or other valuable gun, the game will not allow you to pick it up and use it. You must rely solely on the techniques described in the previous subsections.
Note - we still recommend searching the bodies of killed enemies, because this allows you to replenish your ammo and gadget supplies. A glowing body may also suggest that the opponent has e.g. a key or an access card.