This page of the Far Cry 6 guide has tips on how to destroy enemy helicopters you will encounter throughout the game. We have included separate tips on how to shoot down enemy helicopters and how to force them to do an emergency landing by using an EMP charge.
- Helicopters - when can they appear?
- Method 1 - Using a rocket launcher
- Method 2 - Using a stationary machine guns
- Method 3 - Sabotaging a helicopter with the Volta supremo
- Method 4 - Using a sniper rifle
Helicopters - when can they appear?
Fights with enemy helicopters can happen in three main ways:
- Alerting the area(e.g. enemy base) can make one of the enemies get into the helicopter and start piloting it. Try to prevent this by killing the enemy soldier before he gets into the cabin.
- A helicopter can patrol an area - this is more prominent in the high-level regions. Keep an eye out for the helicopter icon that may appear on your radar - avoid staying in the open if you don't want to fight it.
- You can be attacked by helicopters during missions. They can appear in both main operations and selected side quests. Avoiding a potential confrontation may then be very difficult or even impossible.
Method 1 - Using a rocket launcher
You can use firearms to shoot down enemy helicopters - rocket launchers work best here. Learn how to get them by reading the Rocket launcher - how to get? page. For example, you can visit Segunda in the southern part of the Valle De Oro region. The place presented in the picture above has a large chest with a unique La Guaracha launcher.
Try to use the launchers if possible when the helicopter hasn't spotted you yet, otherwise, the helicopter's pilot may start dodging the missiles. Fortunately, pilots don't use this trick all the time.
Method 2 - Using a stationary machine guns
In some locations where helicopters appear, you may encounter stationary machine guns (also on vehicles). They are great at destroying helicopters thanks to their high fire rate. Use them only to attack weaker helicopters, as the hero will be immobile and exposed.
Method 3 - Sabotaging a helicopter with the Volta supremo
This method can be very effective but requires Volta supremo, i.e. a backpack with a unique attack.
As a reminder, supremos are purchased from Juan's stores and one of them is on Libertad Island, the one where you started The Guerilla operation. You have to pay 100 units of Depleted Uranium for this supremo. This rare resource can be found in large containers inside enemy bases.
The Volta's special attack allows you to send an EMP pulse that paralyzes all devices in the area, including helicopter systems. Wait for the helicopter to fly closer before using the attack to be sure that it reaches the target.
Depending on how high the helicopter was and how much energy it had, it can hit the ground. After that, enemies will run out of it, or it will explode right away. Fortunately, even if the helicopter crew was not killed in the explosion, defeating them will still be easier than fighting the machine.
Method 4 - Using a sniper rifle
The last recommended method is risky and will work well for smaller helicopters. It also has the best chance of success if the enemy machine has not yet spotted you. Equip yourself with a sniper rifle and a good scope. Stand on a hill or other vantage point from which you can see the area well.
You can use a sniper rifle to shoot the helicopter pilot. Aim for his head (the better the scope you have, the greater the zoom). Remember to hold your breath to have a better aim.
If you kill the pilot, the helicopter will crash.