The online character of the game immediately raises the question - are there microtransactions in Fallout 76? The following page of the guide deals with microtransactions in Fallout 76. We have described what can be bought for real money and whether it has a big impact on the gameplay. Here you will also learn how to get Atoms (the shop's currency) for free during the game.
- Are there microtransactions in the game?
- Are there any lootboxes in the game?
- How much do the Atoms cost?
- How to get Atoms for free?
Are there microtransactions in the game?
The answer is short - yes, Fallout 76 does feature microtransactions. However, these are only visual add-ons and a player spending real money does not become better than other players. In the main menu you will find the Atomic Store, where you can buy stuff for Atoms (which, in turn, can be bought for real money or acquired in the game). Attractions available in the store are divided into the following categories:
- Apparel - here you can buy new outfits or headgear. They don't offer any stat bonuses for characters - it's just for that unique look.
- Skins - here you can buy a new look for your Pip-Boya or Power Armor.
- C.A.M.P. - another category allows you to buy new objects for the base construction mode. The offer includes better looking doors or generators. However, as in the case of clothing, the objects offer only a new appearance and work in the same way as the objects available to everyone.
- Styles - here you will find new facial paintings and tattoos that you can place on your character.
- Photomode - this section contains new positions and frames for use in the photomode.
- Emotes - here you can buy new gestures to communicate with players.
- Icons - the last category contains new images that can be placed next to your character's name.
Are there any lootboxes in the game?
Fallout 76 features no chests or lootboxes with random equipment or other accessories. The only lootbox-like element in the game are perk packs, which contain four random perk cards each. However, it is not possible to buy them for real money and you can only get them by levelling your character.
More info on perks can be found on the "How do the perks work and where do I find them?" page of our guide.
How much do the Atoms cost?
Of course, Atoms, the currency of the Atomic Store, can be bought for real money. The creators of the game have prepared four different packages:
- 1. 500 Atoms - $4.99
- 2. 1100 Atomów - $9.99
- 3. 2400 Atomów - $19.99
- 4. 5000 Atomic Energy - $39.99
And that's how the prices of a few sample items from the Atomic Store look like:
1. Blue skin for the Pip-Boy - 400 Atoms
2. Nuka-Cola cache box for the C.A.M.P. - 700 Atoms
3. Vampire costume - 800 Atoms
4. One new gesture - 300 Atoms
How to get Atoms for free?
It is worth knowing that Atoms can be acquired completely free of charge by performing various activities in the game world. In order to do this you should take an interest in the following activities:
- Daily missions - tasks randomized every 24 hours. They consist, for example, of gaining a new level or collecting 50 pieces of wood.
- Weekly missions - tasks randomized every 7 days. These are more complicated tasks consisting of, for example, taking over a specific workshop or completing 10 tasks with other players.
- Challenges - these are single missions spanning across all elements of the game. For example - join a party or repair 76 weapons. Each challenge can only be completed once.
Completion of a single mission or challenge provides between 10 to 40 Atoms. A list of currently available missions and a list of all challenges can be found in the main menu of the game in the "Challenges" tab.