Action Points are the most commonly used attribute of your character. They serve as energy points that your character can spend on the most important activities in Fallout 76 - they are similar to stamina or endurance points found in other games. The Action Points bar is located in the bottom right corner of the screen. On this page, you can learn how to use Action Points and how to increase their pool.
What can I do with Action Points?
You need Action Points to perform the most important actions in the game (check the list below):
- Stabilizing your weapon when you are using a scope,
- Powerful attacks,
- Attacks completed in the V.A.T.S. mode.
A depleted Action Points bar means that you won't be able to use the aforementioned actions. The same happens when your character's level isn't high enough. Take care of your Action Points and know which actions affect them.
What affects the amount of Action Points?
You now know that Action Points are very important. Time to learn how to increase them and what can affect their number.
- Hunger and thirst reduce the maximum amount of Action Points - remember to drink and eat on a regular basis.
- Wounded torso reduces the rate of replenishing Action Points - use a Stimpack if your torso was wounded during a fight.
- Remember that Agility increases the maximum amount of Action Points; Endurance reduces the number of points spent while sprinting.
- Action Boy/Action Girl perk increases the rate at which you generate Action Points.