The guide to the game F1 Manager 2022 will help you take on the role of the head of a Formula One team and lead your chosen team to victory. We have prepared numerous tips and tricks to help you become more familiar with the game's most important features, as well as recommended strategies for team development and driver management in all sessions of the race weekend. We have also compiled information on the acquisition of all available trophies.
- F1 Manager 2022: Contents of the guide
- F1 Manager 2022: Quick start tips
- F1 Manager 2022: The Basics
- F1 Manager 2022: Racing weekend
- F1 Manager 2022: FAQ
- F1 Manager 2022: Trophies and platinum
- F1 Manager 2022: Game length
- F1 Manager 2022: PC hardware requirements
- F1 Manager 2022: Language versions
F1 Manager 2022: Contents of the guide
One of the essential sections of our guide describes the basics of team management. In particular, you will find getting started tips with tips and hints on various relevant topics. In the following pages of the chapter, we described such issues as F1 team selection and driver selection(including negotiating and signing contracts), design and installation of new parts on cars, making decisions on Hiring employees and developing team buildings , managing the team's finances and meeting expectations of sponsors and management.
The second of the important chapters of the guide focuses entirely on the topic of playing consecutive race weekends. You will learn from it, among others how to prepare for the next Grand Prix , and how to properly play each of the 3 main sessions - training, qualifying and the actual race .
In our guide, we could not miss the chapter FAQ with answers to frequently asked questions. Among other things, we have included information on the following whether you can create your own team from scratch when the game can be saved, whether the difficulty level can be changed, and whether the length of the race can be changed. You should get clarification of the major problematic issues.
The main chapters of the guide are supplemented primarily by a trophy guide with instructions on how to get 100% of the game's achievements and unlock the platinum trophy. In addition, we have posted individual pages on the following topics, among others hardware requirements, accessibility options, and how long it takes on average to play a single season in F1 Manager 2022.
F1 Manager 2022: Quick start tips
- The choice of the team affects the difficulty of the game . If you take control of one of the top F1 teams, you will already have great drivers, a big budget, and excellent facilities at the start. If you choose a small team with a limited budget, it will be more difficult for you to develop it and get solid results.
- Don't skip the tutorial . It is enabled by default when you create your first campaign and it is best to let it remain active. The game will gradually familiarize you with the available team management windows and help you successfully play your first race weekend.
- It's a good idea to save and pause the game frequently . Saving the game can protect you, for example, from failure in a particular session and it is then easy to repeat it. The option to pause the game while a session is being played, on the other hand, allows decisions on strategy or driver commands to be made without time pressure.
- Prepare for each race weekend . It is a good idea to learn about the specifics of the track to be able to adjust the car and its settings. You may also want to set some goals for the race (preferably realistic to achieve) to raise additional money from sponsors.
- Try to put the drivers in qualifying onto the empty track. In F1 Manager 2022, overtaking slower-moving cars (e.g. on downhill laps) can sometimes be problematic and your drivers may get stuck behind them. You can check the expected traffic on the track from one of the graphs and releasing the driver on an empty track increases the chance of your driver making a trouble-free lap.
- Choose different strategies for the race for each driver. In this way, you can reduce the risk of poor team performance. You will always receive 3 ready-made strategy proposals - you can immediately accept one of them or make your own changes. You can also further change or cancel your chosen strategy already during the race.
- Skillfully give instructions to drivers during the race. Above all, try not to cause premature tire wear. Your drivers should aggressively fight for higher positions only if there is a chance, and in other situations, focus on safe driving, protecting their own position and making sure the tires survive the laps.
For more tips and hints, as well as more detailed versions of the above advice, go to a separate page: Tips for getting started.
F1 Manager 2022: The Basics
In the chapter on the basics of the game in addition to the starting tips, you can find Information on the most important aspects of F1 team management. We have described all the main issues on separate pages.
- Choosing a team - on this page, we explain how the choice of a strong, average, or weak team influences the difficulty of the game.
- Selection of drivers - we explain the statistics governing each driver and how to improve them, as well as how to search for new candidates for the position and negotiate contracts.
- Cars and their development - on this page we show how to recognize the weak and strong features of your car, as well as how to develop, test, and install new parts.
- Facilities and staff - here you'll learn more about how to manage staff and how to modernize or build new team facilities.
- Finance and management - on this page you can find information regarding the budget and how to stay above the line facing team expenses, what rewards can be obtained from sponsors, and how to meet the board expectations.
- Another season - changes in regulations - we explain how to vote for regulation changes and how to prepare for a season (which requires research).
- End of season - We explain what notifications as well as mandatory and optional activities to expect after completing the 2022 season and moving to the 2023 season.
F1 Manager 2022: Racing weekend
Correctly preparing for and playing the following Grand Prix weekends is a very important part of the F1 Manager 2022. On the following pages of the chapter, you will find tips on how to prepare for race weekends and how to behave in individual sessions.
- Tracks from the calendar - On this page, you will find information about the characteristics of all tracks and the recommended racing strategy.
- Preparations for the racing weekend - On this page, we have listed the main actions that you should do before starting the first session of a given Grand Prix.
- Workouts - here you will find information about simulating or manually playing training sessions, as well as what are the main advantages of training.
- Qualifying - We have prepared tips on how to behave during qualifiers and how to get a satisfying result in qualifiers.
- Race - on this page you'll find tips on how to plan a racing strategy, how to manage tire wear during races and how to give instructions in order to help the drivers get the best possible results.
F1 Manager 2022: FAQ
In our guide, you will find answers to frequently asked questions related to various gameplay mechanics.
- Difficulty level - can it be changed? - We explain whether the game has a classic difficulty setting and whether there are settings that affect this choice.
- Saving - how to save the game? - The site tells you when you can save the game and when it is forbidden. You will also learn about the advantages of saving frequently.
- Player-created Team - can you create one? - We answer the question whether it is possible to create your own, eleventh, team modeled on the My Team mode from F1 games from Codemasters.
- Race duration - can you lower the number of laps? - on this page you will find an explanation whether the game has an option to shorten the race, e.g. to 25% or 50% of the distance. We also inform you how time acceleration works in the game.
- ERS - how to use? - This page explains what ERS is, as well as what its main applications and available modes of operation are.
- Qualifying sprints - are they in the game? - We answer the question whether the sprint format is available for selected racing weekends (Imola, Red Bull Ring, Interlagos).
- Pre-season Tests - is it in the game? - We explain whether it is possible to personally lead the pre-season tests in the game and thus influence the preparation of the team.
- Weather changes - how to adapt? - The website explains how to read the forecast correctly, how to fully make use of it and how to react to rainfall during qualifying and the race.
- Fuel consumption - how to reduce? - The site contains a number of tips to help you reduce fuel consumption, as well as how to take more fuel on board.
- XP - how to earn? - On the website you will find a number of tips on how to quickly accumulate experience points for drivers and staff.
F1 Manager 2022: Trophies and platinum
F1 Manager 2022 allows unlocking maximally27 trophies Which you can earn on PC and PlayStation Xbox consoles. We have prepared a trophy guide with the help of which you will be able to unlock the platinum in F1 Manager 2022.
- Trophies / Achievements - this page contains a list of trophies with information about their requirements and how to unlock them.
F1 Manager 2022: Game length
It should take you about 30-40 hours to complete a single season of Formula 1 in F1 Manager 2022. Total gameplay time is heavily influenced by how much time you spend developing your team and finding the optimal settings for your drivers, as well as how often and how intensively you use the time acceleration option.
For more information on the content of F1 Manager 2022, please visit Game Length.
F1 Manager 2022: PC hardware requirements
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX-8370
- RAM : 8 GB RAM
- Graphics : Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R9 280X
- Required disk space : 30 GB
- Operating system : Windows 10 64-bit
More information about the game's minimum and recommended requirements can be found on the System Requirements page.
F1 Manager 2022: Language versions
In F1 Manager 2022 there are 13 language versions available, some fully voiced, while others only offer translated text.
The available languages are listed on the website: Language versions.
About F1 Manager 2022 Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : September 5, 2022
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
F1 Manager 2022 Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: Frontier Developments
- publisher: Frontier Developments
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, PS5, XSX
More About F1 Manager 2022
August is a month that usually goes below the charts. The dog days may be in full swing, but by some miracle, there's room for some really interesting releases. So, no one should complain about nothing to play during the summer break!