F1 22 is a game that places a strong focus on online matches and social components. From our guide, you will find out whether this is an always online game, i.e. if it requires a continual and unbroken connection to the game servers. This is useful information for people who prefer to play in single player mode or have an unreliable internet connection.
Connecting to EA's servers
F1 22 tries to connect to Electronic Arts servers:
- after launching the game and loading the main menu;
- every time you return to the main menu (reconnection).
In both cases, the message Communicating with online services is displayed. By default, it should disappear after about 1 second. Connection errors are also possible. They may be the result of a bad connection on your side, problems with the game servers or currently ongoing maintenance (then you have to wait for it to finish).
F1 22 is not an always online game and being temporary disconnected from the servers simply blocks some of its modes and functionalities. These mainly include:
- All online modes - unranked and ranked multiplayer races, leagues, the e-sports competition tab.
- Online two player career mode.
- Access to the item store (the one with cosmetic items sold for Pitcoins) and to the e-store (the one with microtransactions).
- Access to the Podium Pass - you will be unable to purchase it or to level it up.
All local and offline modes and features will continue to be available. These mostly comprise of the single player career mode (classic or My Team), the 1 player championship, single races, time trials and Pirelli hot laps, as well as local play with other players (LAN and splitscreen).