New terrains in Beyond the Baltic Sea
The expansion pack introduces five new countries, twenty-four large cities and a few smaller cities. You can place your company in one of the larger cities.
The game introduces the whole Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, the southern Finland, and the western part of Russia (the areas around the Saint Petersburg and the Kaliningrad).
New territories include: southern part of Finland, the whole area of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia, and the western part of Russia (including Kaliningrad).
The list of cities was supplemented with following new places:
- In Lithuania: Kaunas, Klaipeda, Panevezys, Slauliai, Vilnius, and smaller cities: Mazeikiai, Utena.
- In Latvia: Daugavpils, Liepaja, Riga, Rezekne, Valmiera, and smaller city: Ventspils.
- In Estonia: Parnu, Tallinn, Tartu, and smaller cities: Kunda, Narva, Paldiski;
- In Finland: Helsinki, Kotka, Kouvola, Lahti, Pori, Tampere, Turku, and smaller cities: Loviisa, Olkiluoto, Naantali;
- In Russia: Saint Petersburg, Kaliningrad, Luga, Pskov, and smaller cities: Sosnovy Bor, Vyborg.
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Beyond the Baltic Sea Tips
While driving through new areas, take advantage of new possibilities but also notice the limitations.
- Notice speed limitations that are different for various countries.
- Notice the differences in infrastructure and regulations - in Russia the vehicle that is entering the roundabout has priority, in Lithuania and Latvia many light signals are divided into phases (don't mistake the signal!)
- Due to the location of the cities and nearby infrastructure, Liepaja and Klaipeda (in Lithuania), Turku and Helsinki (in Finland), and Tallinn (in Estonia) are good places to buy a garage.
- A journey to Russia means you must pass the border. It is a process that doesn't take much time and it doesn't reduce the attractiveness of routes towards that direction, so use them.
- You must pass a border checkpoint also between Poland/Lithuania and Russia (Kaliningrad Oblast)
- In the expansion pack, Finland has a good road system - it has more highways than other countries. You must pay to use highway in Russia.
- The expansion of the game world towards northeast provides longer and more profitable tracks through the whole Europe.
- No matter which previous expansions you have, you can easily move through the central part of Europe and the northeastern Europe by using ships.
- The update 1.32 introduced the option to buy and configure trailers. This provides a whole new market of cargo type. You should take advantage of that.