When you are out getting food in Endling, your cubs are exposed to many dangers. On this page of the guide we explain what happens if one of your cubs dies.
The cubs can die from hunger and predator attacks. If you have been attacked by an owl, interact with it and follow the directions on the screen.
When the hunger bar in the lower left corner of the screen drops to zero, one of your cubs will begin to starve, and a circular icon will appear above that fox, showing the time remaining until its death. You must then find any food as soon as possible and quickly feed the cub. It is worth noting that the food doesn't have to be eaten by the starving cub, all it takes for the other cubs to eat, and the hunger bar will be replenished.
If you let a cub die, the playthrough won't end with a failure, but there are certain consequences once the game is over.
- If you managed to keep the whole family alive, you'll receive a trophy - We Are a Family.
- Keeping at least 3 cubs alive is rewarded with a different trophy - Three Little Foxes.
- If 2 foxes live to the end of the game, you will unlock Two Peas in a Pod trophy.
- If only a single cub survived to the end, you will unlock All For One trophy.
- If none cubs live to the end, the playthrough ends in a failure.