From this guide page to Empire of Sin, you will find information about how the game police and how to deal with it.
From a gameplay perspective, the police are a peculiar mob organization. They have no businesses (instead of they patrol the streets) and diplomacy with them is heavily simplified. Your relationship with a faction is affected by how you react to its members. If you murder them, it's natural for your relations with the officers to deteriorate. Therefore, avoid shooting policemen when possible. Of course, this is not always possible, because they can join any skirmish that you have with another gang.
Relations with the police will improve when you eliminate gangs that have a bad attitude towards the law enforcement.
Also, some of the missions you perform during the course of the game will affect that relationship. By completing them, you can, for example, turn one of your bars into a cop bar or get rid of an undercover agent.
To top that off, your activity in a neighborhood will make the police become interested in you businesses. On the panel describing a given neighborhood, there is an indicator that indicates how suspicious your business is - the higher the level, the higher the chance of officers causing problems.
On the gang panel you will find a tab dedicated to conversing with the police. It will notify you of your relationship level . There is also a list of available actions. There's 6 of them in total :
- bribe - allows you to bribe officers in order to improve relations with the police;
- shop - allows you to sell and purchase goods;
- bail all - gives you an option to bail out all of your arrested gang members;
- turn a blind eye - lets you bribe the police so that they ignore your activity in a chosen neighborhood;
- request protection - allows you to buy the temporary protection of a specified building.
Not all of these are always active. Their availability depends on the relations with the police.