Empire of Sin: Neighborhood - management, control Empire of Sin guide, tips
Last update: Thursday, January 28, 2021
On this guide page to Empire of Sin, you will find management and control tips concerning Chicago neighborhoods.
Chicago is divided into a number of neighborhoods - their number depends on the decision you made during gameplay personalization. Each of them is a separate whole, which you need to manage separately. Insight into the districts' stats can be gained by looking at a dedicated panel, which contains the following elements:
- preview  - allows you to check the boss in control of the team, activity in the district, and the alcohol that's preferred here. You have to remember that tastes can change. If this happens you will receive a message;
- shares  - these are indicators informing you about percentages of customers, profits, and businesses that you have in a given district. By monitoring them, you will be able to determine the prospects for development in a particular neighborhood. If the whole circle is filled green, it means that you have completely dominated the local market;
- security  - defines the degree of protection of your businesses, the concern of the police, and the status of the neighborhood;
- stats  - explains the Empire and helper bonuses, production-to-consumption ratio, and synergies;
- faction presence  - describes how many rackets belong to a given group.
You'll also find two tabs that contain the lists of businesses that operate here. The first one shows the building's upgrades, the second one the occupancy of individual businesses and their profitability.
If you move the camera away, at some point, it will take you to the neighborhood map. Here you will see the distribution of businesses and which buildings are up for grabs. Locations associated with quests and police patrols, as well as other gangs, are also highlighted. Use this view to fast travel (just point to a taxi icon or a previously discovered building and right-click to select "travel to") and to determine the danger level in the area.
If you zoom out further, you will see a map of the city divided into regions. Each comes with a short description, informing about the tasks available in the area, customer preferences and your influence.
How to take control of a neighborhood?
Taking control of a neighborhood requires owning most of the businesses located therein. You do not have to completely get rid of competition as they can still own some real estate. It doesn't matter how you take control of these facilities.
If you aspire to take control of a neighborhood that a powerful gang is operating in, then you can quickly dominate the district by beating them and taking their businesses in one fell swoop. To do this, simply kill their boss in the mob's hideout.