In this chapter, you can find descriptions of the smaller side quests in Elex that you can unlock during your stay in Domed City. Many of these quests have endings that are mutually exclusive because they allow you to gain favor or lose respect of members of one of the main factions (Berserkers, Clerics, Outlaws, Alb Separatists). Before you start doing them you should plan to which faction you want to join and then stick to your choice.
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Riley in Domed City.
Riley is a member of Outlaws faction and he can ask you to solve a problem with Brabak from the Berserkers. Brabak should be inside of the bar. You can act in two different ways.
- Provoke Brabak to attack you. Defeating him isn't hard but remember to not hurt anyone in the bar (300XP). When the fight is over you must force Brabak to stop harassing members of the Outlaws (you can also ask him to pay you if you have 20 Combat points). Go back to Riley and receive 200XP and 80 Elexit.
- Have a friendly conversation with Brabak and promise him that you will intimidate Riley. Here, Riley must also be defeated in hand-to-hand combat (200XP). After humiliating Riley, you can go back to Brabak and receive 200XP and 150 Elexit.
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Darrell in Domed City.
Darrell from the Outlaws can ask for your help in investigating Clerics' problems in establishing a communication with The Hort. Go to Lutz from the Clerics, he works near a force field on one of the walls. You can tell him that you know about the problem from one of the Outlaws or hide this information. In both cases, you learn that you need to fix a relay station. Go back to Darrell and tell him about everything that you learned from Lutz. He gives you Bugging device and asks the hero to install it on the antenna (you don't have to make a choice yet).
Relay station is located north-east from Domed City and south from the Converter in North Abessa. You can find a few Albs there but you don't have to fight with them. Focus solely on reaching the antenna tower and start a long climb by using ladders.
Reach the highest balconies and interact with the console. You can now choose how you want to complete this quest:
- Recalibrate the antenna without placing a bug (400XP). Go back to Lutz in Domed City and tell him that you completed the mission. You receive 200XP and 112 Elexit.
- Recalibrate the antenna and install a bug (400XP). First, go back to Darrell in Domed City and tell him that you placed the bug you receive 200XP and 150 Elexit. You must also go to Lutz and get 112 Elexit from him.
Right to Stay
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Fenk in Domed City.
Fenk is an Alb Separatist who knows Jax. He can give you a quest during which you can stop a conflict between him and Caleb, a Berserker, who wants to banish the Separatists from Domed City.
- If you want to help the Separatists then you must go to Jorg who, according to Fenk, made a wrong charge. You must convince Jorg to withdraw the charges (200XP) you can do it however you want (200XP). When it is over, you can go back to Fenk you receive 500XP and 500 Elexit. Completing this quest in that way means that the Separatists will stay in the city.
- If you want to help the Berserkers then you must speak with Jorg first (without saying how he should act) or go straight to Caleb. Promise him that you will silence Jorg in case he wants to change his (false) testimony. Speak with Jorg (200XP) and tell him that he should act as Caleb wants (200XP). After that, you must go back to Caleb you receive 1000XP. Completing this quest in that way means that the Separatists will be banished from the city. Warning this can lock some quests or additional options of completing them!
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Paige in Domed City.
Paige can give you a quest that will strengthen the Outlaws. She wants you to help her in transporting a weapons delivery for that faction to Domed City. You can go immediately to the appointed place or betray Paige's trust and go to Alois from the Clerics first (he can be found in the main building). You can tell him about the weapons delivery. Alois asks you to take this delivery to him.
Regardless of your choice, you must go to a small camp north-east from the city where you can find a Separatist called Radok. The conversation will be interrupted by Clerics. You can help Radok in killing them (Alois won't learn about that if you plan on working with him) or betray Radok and attack him. When the fight is over (500XP) collect 200XP, 75 Elexit and Crate of Explosives from Radok or, if he is dead, take Radoks Report from the chest. You can now:
- Bring the explosives to Paige and help the Outlaws. You receive 400XP and 300 Elexit.
- Go back to Alois and give him the explosives or inform him about Radok's death. You can receive up to 600XP and 150 Elexit.
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Erich in Domed City.
Engineer Erich can stop the hero during your attempt at entering the upper part of Domed City (optionally, you can use 4 ability points from Crafting 4 to show your knowledge about technology and receive additional 25XP). He can give you a device called Energy Regulator and a quest during which you must bring this part to Lutz. This device can ensure that the energy shield, that protects the city, will work as it should.
Lutz works on a wall and, while you are on your way, you can be stopped by Riley. He offers an alternate solution in which he reprograms the Energy Regulator. After that it can be partially turned off. You can agree immediately, do it after negotiations (the maximum payment is 300 Elexit if you have 4 points in Charisma) or refuse. Go to Lutz and give him the Energy Regulator (200XP). If the device was modified by Riley then Lutz can become suspicious. You can tell him the truth or lie and install the modified regulator. You receive 400XP. Return to Erich and collect your reward 200XP and 150 Elexit.
IMPORTANT NOTE SPOILER If you allow Riley to reprogram the regulator, it may lead to a massive dome malfunction in the near future, which will leave the city defenseless. As a result, the Albs may appear and take control of the city after they slaughter its residents.
How to unlock this quest: Speak with Vivian in Domed City.
Vivian looks for a technician and you can help her and find a perfect candidate among the three that she is currently interested in. Before you go and talk about the job you should agree to listen to Vivian's entire story and you will receive additional 200XP. The potential candidates are:
- Rorik from the Berserkers. You learn that he isn't well-qualified. When you go back to Vivian you can choose any of the reasons for why she should hire him. You receive 200XP and 230 Elexit.
- Nyra from the Alb Separatists. You learn that she is the best for that job and she thinks so highly of herself that she demands 500 Elexit for offering her skills. You can pay her or refuse. When you go back to Vivian you can convince her that Nyra is the best candidate. Vivian doesn't want to pay her 500 Elexit but if you did it then she will give you back the Elexit. You receive 200XP and 230 Elexit (plus 270 Elexit if you paid Nyra before).
- Darrell from the Outlaws. You learn that he isn't well-qualified. When you go back to Vivian you can choose any of the reasons for why she should hire him (one of them requires you to lie that he has a knowledge on technology). You receive 200XP and 230 Elexit.
How to unlock: Speak with Gottfried in Domed City.
This is a very simple quest that activates when you speak with Gottfried on top of the rooftop of the main building in Domed City. The arrival of the hero distracts Gottfried. You can help him to remember what he was talking about. The correct answer is the third one "43 degree, eastwards" (the picture above). You receive 100XP and 25 Elexit.