This page has the most important information about The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor expansion. We explained the expansion's general assumptions and compiled its most important features. You will also learn, for example, how many hours of new content does the Greymoor DLC offer.
- ESO Greymoor - general premise and most important features
- Main plot - do I have to complete it before playing Greymoor?
- Greymoor DLC - free or paid?
- Level requirement - does it exist?
- Greymoor release date - when?
- Game's length - how long is the Greymoor DLC?
- Turning into a vampire - does it appear in the DLC?
- System requirements - have they changed?
ESO Greymoor - general premise and most important features
- Greymoor takes place in an entirely new land - western Skyrim. It should be noted here that the events in The Elder Scrolls Online take place 1,000 years before the story told in Skyrim. None of the familiar NPCs appear in Greymoor, but it is possible to visit some historical locations and they may differ significantly from those in The Elder Scrolls 5.
- Those who have purchased or unlocked the Greymoor DLC can find a new region on the world map. If you start the game with a new hero, then once you have passed the character creator, you will immediately start the first quest related to the Greymoor DLC.
- The new region offers numerous snow-covered areas maintained in a similar climate to many locations from TES V Skyrim. In Greymoor, you can also explore less accessible mountain peaks or frozen tundra.
- In addition to the areas on the surface of the map, Greymoor expansion also features an extensive complex of underground Blackreach caves. There you can encounter various powerful monsters such as vampires, gargoyles, werewolves, or ice spiders.
- Greymoor is part of the bigger storyline called the Dark Heart of Skyrim introduced in the previously released Harrowstorm expansion. In that smaller DLC, players had to, for example, investigate the origins of an unknown plague occurring in the form of supernatural Harrowstorms.
- In Greymoor, stopping Harrowstorms becomes even more important. Huge storms appear in various parts of western Skyrim, turning the innocent inhabitants into bloodthirsty monsters.
- The main goal of the Greymoor DLC is to face an army of ancient vampires. The bloodsuckers are led by the Vampire Lord - your task is to thwart his plans to enslave Tamriel. Besides the vampires, the DLC also features werewolves and witches.
- One of the most important new gameplay mechanics in Greymoor is the so-called Antiquities System. The DLC allows you to become an archaeologist who travels across the land (not just the western Skyrim) in search of rare artifacts. This process is done via mini-games - the hero must first find a clue about the approximate location of a treasure and then use the decoder to narrow the search field. After finding the location with the treasure, the player has to dig it up. This way you can, for example, get new furniture, jewelry, or mythical equipment with great stat bonuses.
- In addition to the main plot, Greymoor also offers a number of side quests. There many other activities on the world map - you can search for collectibles (e.g. skyshards), visit new bosses' lairs, explore public dungeons, or take part in Harrowstorms world events to stop the spreading plague.
- The Greymoor DLC features a new Kyne's Aegis challenge/trial for 12 players. This raid is about defending the villagers against the giants. During it, players must face three powerful bosses. Defeat them to receive very valuable rewards.
- Greymoor has plenty of unique loot thematically linked to western Skyrim. In this DLC, you can get, for example, six brand new armor sets and previously unknown crafting materials. The Greymoor DLC also has new achievements and trophies.
Main plot - do I have to complete it before playing Greymoor?
Greymoor expansion takes place in a new land and has its own storyline. You can follow it independently of the main plot of The Elder Scrolls Online. However, before playing this particular expansion, you should try to finish the Harrowstorm DLC first - it serves as a prologue to the events depicted in Greymoor and concerns the eponymous supernatural storms appearing in the land. Fortunately, even if you haven't played Harrowstorm, you will still be able to understand and follow the plot of Greymoor.
You don't have to meet any additional requirements. You can start following the new storyline right after unlocking access to the Greymoor DLC. Explore the new land and complete quests either with your existing or new character - in the latter case, the starting quest for the Greymoor expansion will serve as a tutorial.
Greymoor DLC - free or paid?
The answer to this question depends primarily on whether you have a paid subscription or not:
- If you are an ESO Plus subscriber, you can play Greymoor for free. You can optionally pay for the Collector's Edition.
- If you don't have an ESO Plus subscription, you will have to purchase Greymoor separately. You can buy a standard or collector's edition.
- If you don't own The Elder Scrolls Online, you can purchase a version that includes the Greymoor expansion. You won't have to buy it separately.
Level requirement - does it exist?
No, your character doesn't have to be at a specific level - you can start the Greymoor DLC at any point in the game. Western Skyrim is available even for a completely inexperienced character at level 1.
Greymoor release date - when?
The release of the Greymoor DLC is scheduled:
- May 26, 2020 for PC
- June 9, 2020 for PS4 and Xbox One
While waiting for this expansion, you can play the smaller The Elder Scrolls Online: Harrowstorm DLC, which serves as a prologue to the events set in Greymoor and allows you to learn more about the Harrowstorms phenomenon.
Game's length - how long is the Greymoor DLC?
Greymoor's main storyline should take you approximately 30 hours to complete. Besides the new main quests, you can also do optional activities like side quests, Kyne's Aegis trial, bosses' lairs, and public dungeons.
Turning into a vampire - does it appear in the DLC?
Becoming a vampire was possible in the previous versions of the game. Greymoor doesn't make any major changes in this mechanic despite the fact that the majority of the main storyline involves vampires.
The risk of turning into a vampire still exists, and just like before, the vampirism curse can be removed. You don't have to become a bloodthirsty monster to finish Greymoor. All story missions of this DLC can be completed by a character who is not a vampire.
System requirements - have they changed?
No, the system requirements of The Elder Scrolls Online remain the same after installing the Greymoor expansion. However, it should be noted that the expansion increases the game's overall space on the hard drive.