On this page of our guide we explain how to easily earn experience points in The Elder Scrolls Online. We present some ways that can be used to level up faster in TESO. This will allow you to receive bonuses provided for advancing to higher levels of experience.
The following tips are for beginners who are developing their first character. After you have played the game for some time, you will be able to perform various activities that may grant you more XP or you can just simply choose your favorite method of collecting experience points.
- Killing opponents
- Completing quests
- Discovering new locations
- Bonuses to the amount of earned experience points
One of the most universal ways of acquiring XP is to eliminate the enemies you encounter. The greatest advantage of this method is that you can attack enemies and monsters while completing quests or during your exploration of the game world. If you find a good place to farm experience points, you can return to it regularly. Defeated enemies are quickly respawned and you can eliminate them again to get more experience points.
TESO quests are a great way to get a one-time XP injection. The game grants a lot of experience points for dealing not only with larger role-playing missions but also with smaller side tasks. Potential quest commissioners can mainly be found in cities. You should always have a set of quests to do in your log and keep up to date with them.
Discovering new locations
As you traverse the world of the game, it is worth visiting all the locations that appear on the map. The discovery of each new site is rewarded with experience points. It's not a huge amount of xp, but you will score points almost effortlessly and there are plenty of locations around the game world to discover.
Bonuses to the amount of earned experience points
In TESO, there are disposable items that allow you to earn more experience points over a particular period of time - you can use the Experience Scroll. This item increases the amount of XP gained by 50-150%. This condition lasts for 2 hours after you have used the scroll. The meter can be stopped if you log out of the game just before the 2 hours time limit. The game will resume the countdown after you return to the game.
It is best to use the scrolls before performing activities that may grant you a lot of XP, for example, before going on a monster hunt or before starting a series of quests.
Experience Scroll can be obtained in several different ways:
- You may receive them as Daily Rewards. Just log into the game every day and pick up the reward. Scrolls are one of the most common rewards.
- You will receive them by advancing to particular levels of experience.
- You can acquire them by completing selected quests.
- You can buy them for real cash. You can buy a pack of scrolls at The Crown Store (you can find them under the Upgrades tab) or draw the scroll/scrolls when you open the Crown Crate container.
Another very good way is to use the items of the equipment that increase the amount of xp received. These are primarily weapons and armor with a Training status (an example of this type of bonus is shown in the above picture).
Always make sure to read the description carefully, as the XP bonus may be granted only if you kill an enemy in a unique way.
Other methods for increasing the amount of earned experience points include:
- Playing in a group with other players - this concept does not include following random players encountered during the common exploration of the game world. This concerns various group activities, such as completing dungeons in groups or participating in boss fights that reside in their lairs. Regardless of the type of group activities performed, the bonus for the XP received is 10%.
- Sign up for a paid ESO Plus subscription - players with an active subscription get 10% more experience points (this applies to all types of XP-rewarding activities).
- Joining unique and special events - they are not available at all times, have time constraints and can feature a higher level of challenge. However, the possibility of obtaining much larger amounts of xp is an incentive.