On this guide page we explain how fast travel works in The Elder Scrolls Online. We present all the main mechanisms of fast travel in TESO, as well as alternative methods of traveling in different lands, which involve, among other things, the use of ships.
- Teleportation to your house / other player
- Other ways to travel around the game world
Wayshrines are the main way to activate fast travel. They are scattered throughout the game world. Most of them are hidden at the beginning of the game. The wayshrine icon will appear on the world map only after you get close to it.
An example wayshrine has been presented in the image above. Most of them are located on the outskirts of cities, although you can also find them, for example, near large dungeons or in the vicinity of major routes.
You can use the shrines in two main ways:
- Free fast travel - it is only possible if you reach the wayshrine, interact with it in person and choose one of the other discovered way-shrines as your destination.
- Paid fast travel - it takes place if you choose a destination from anywhere in the game world, that is, without reaching any of the wayshrines. In the example shown in the picture above, the cost of teleportation is 41 Septimes, but this is not a fixed cost of a fast travel. In extreme cases it can be much more expensive.
Teleportation to your house / other player
Other interesting ways to get a free fast travel are the following:
1) Teleportation to a house owned by a controlled character - during the course of the game you can buy large estates, standard houses and living spaces inside larger buildings. You can select such an object from the world map as a destination for fast travel.
The game also allows you to move to houses for sale. This allows you to see such an object before making a purchase. But don't count on being able to use this cleverly for a fast travel feature, because once you've completed your inspection and left the premises of the house, you'll return to where you were originally located.
2) Teleportation to another player - for the purpose of this option you must go to the Social tab in the options menu. Fast travel can take place in several ways. First of all, you can teleport to the currently logged-in player from the Friends List and you must select the Friends option to do so.
You can also teleport to the player who is a member of your guild. Open the Social menu, select the Guilds option, then choose one of the guilds you are a member of and clock on the Roster tab. You can highlight the logged-in player from the list.
Whatever option you choose, confirm your desire to teleport by clicking on the Travel to Player button. The player you want to teleport to must be in the same Alliance as the character you control.
While completing some quests, you may come across portals, which can also be used to move quickly from point A to point B. This travel option is free of charge. However, the disadvantage of this solution is that it is not possible to determine the destination - it is always top-down imposed.
Other ways to travel around the game world
You can also rely on methods to travel around the game world using a variety of modes of transport. This category may include, among others:
- Silt Striders creatures
After meeting the person standing next to the means of transport (like a Navigator, Caravan owner) you can choose one of the destinations. Depending on the NPC you can, for example, get a set of closer and more distant locations. It's a good way to get to new regions where you haven't discovered the Wayshrines yet. It is also worth noting that no fee may be charged for the trip.
You can also view potential destinations by highlighting the ship's icon on the world map. You won't have to waste your time to personally get to the means of transport and establish a list of places to visit.