This page of the guide to The Elder Scrolls Online explains how you should spend 500 Crowns which you get at the beginning of a new adventure. This will allow you to make the best possible use of your start-up funds.
For the record, Crowns are a special currency in TESO, which is acquired with real money by default. When you enter the game for the first time you will receive a gift of 500 Crowns. You will be able to spend them while playing any character. However, once they are used up, this amount will not renew after switching to another created character.
Crowns can be spent in the Crown Store, which features many tabs with a variety of permanent and single-use unique accessories or items.
If you decide to join the ESO Plus subscription, you can get 1,650 Crowns each month. This is the second main way of obtaining them without having to buy them with real money.
If you plan to play The Elder Scrolls Online for at least next few months, it's a good idea to save a starter pack of Crowns for larger purchases that may occur later. They will not be forfeited. Once your account balance has been charged up, you will be able to buy one of the more expensive items with a discount of just 500 Crowns.
If you want to use your Crowns at the start, we think it is best to spend them on the Starter Pack from the Special Offers tab. According to the name, it is a set of items useful to begin your new adventure (long journey) in TESO.
The Starter Pack contains the following items:
- Crown Experience Scroll x5 - each scroll is a single-use item. It allows you to get 50% more experience points over the next two hours. This will allow you to make the first advances in the game very quickly and unlock valuable rewards associated with achieving new levels of experience.
- Crown Fortifying Meal x5 - each meal is a single-use item. After consuming it, magicka, stamina and health will be increased for 2 hours.
- Crown Lethal Poison x240 - adds poison damage bonus to your attacks.
- Crown Repair Kit x5 - Each repair kit is a disposable item. Use these items to restore the durability of badly damaged items to their full glory.
- Crown Soul Gem x10 - you can trap your opponent's soul in each of the gems. They can be used to resurrect fallen players and recharge weapons.
- Crown Tri-Restoration Potion x30 - each potion is a single-use item. It allows you to restore and replenish lots of health, magicka and stamina points.
- Striped Senche-Panther Cub - this is a pet that can follow the hero. Pet does not participate in fights and simply enjoys travelling around the game world together. You must "pick up" your pet and activate it from the Collections menu - go to the Non-Combat Pets tab.