This page of The Elder Scrolls Online guide has all the information about the ESO Plus subscription. You will find out, among other things, whether an ESO Plus subscription is mandatory, how to start paying for a TESO subscription, and what attractions are provided for ESO Plus subscribers.
- ESO Plus subscription - is it mandatory?
- ESO Plus subscription - how much does it cost?
- ESO Plus subscription - how to buy?
- ESO Plus subscription - main features
- ESO Plus subscription expires - what happens?
- ESO Plus subscription - is it worth buying?
ESO Plus subscription - is it mandatory?
No, you don't have to pay for any subscription to play the game. It is completely optional, although having it can make the game easier and give you access to additional content (more information below).
ESO Plus subscription - how much does it cost?
There are a few available variants:
- 1-month subscription - $14.99
- 3-month subscription - $41.97
- 6-month subscription - $77.94
- 12-month subscription - $139.99
ESO Plus subscription - how to buy?
You can buy a subscription in two ways:
1) Go to the ESO Plus tab in the Crown Store in the game - The same tab also shows the deals exclusive to ESO Plus members.
2) Go to the Manage Membership menu in the account management window - Log into "https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/", open the Manage Membership tab and click on Set Up Your Recurring Membership to select the payment method.
ESO Plus subscription - main features
The list below shows the main features available to ESO Plus subscribers:
- Access to all DLC packs from the Crown Store - This includes large expansions like Elsweyr and Greymoor. You don't have to buy any of the optional expansions as long as you are subscribed to this service.
- The ability to store an infinite amount of crafting materials - They are stored in the Craft Bag. This helps a lot in developing your character's crafting skills - you don't have to worry about your inventory getting filled up.
- 1,650 Crowns every month - Crowns are a currency that can be spent in the Crown Store. You can also buy it with real money. You can spend these Crowns on things like, for example, mounts, pets or packs that speed up character development.
- Increase the bank's capacity by 100% - You can store 2x more items in it.
- Gain 10% more gold and experience points - This applies to all activities rewarding you with septims and XP. The bonus is received automatically. This, of course, makes your progress easier - you will level up faster and be able to buy some items earlier.
- 10% bonus to crafting progress (Crafting Inspiration, Trait Research)
- Double the space for furniture and collectibles in your house - You will be able to place 100% more items in it.
- Access to Dye Costumes
- Doubled Currency Cap for Transmutation Crystals
- Access to exclusive deals in the Crown Store - Items reserved for ESO Plus subscribers must still be purchased for Crowns. However, these items are not available to players who do not have a subscription.
ESO Plus subscription expires - what happens?
You don't lose any items when your subscription is over. They won't be taken away from you even if you have obtained them through the ESO Plus subscription.
You also don't lose any unused Crowns received when the subscription was still active. You don't have to spend Crowns before your subscription expires.
You won't lose the crafting materials stored in the Craft Bag. However, you won't be able to add any new materials to your bag. The game only allows you to remove previously placed items from the bag.
Regions that are part of any DLC will be blocked. To unlock access to them, you need to renew your subscription or purchase expansions with Crowns.
ESO Plus subscription - is it worth buying?
Yes, it's a good investment assuming you will spend a lot of time with it. In this way, you will be able to get the most out of the gold, experience, and crafting bonuses. In addition, you will be able to visit all areas without having to buy bigger expansions.
Ideally, you should try to play TESO for a few hours every day. Thanks to this, you will also be able to receive daily log in rewards - this bonus also applies to those players who do not have a subscription.
If you are unable to spend a lot of hours in the game in a given month, consider holding off on buying a subscription until you find more free time. You can always purchase a one- or three-month subscription. The savings resulting from choosing a six-month or annual subscription aren't that huge.