This page of the guide to The Elder Scrolls Online contains recommendations for the various versions of the game. You can find out which edition of TESO is best for someone who wants to learn the basics of the game, and which one is for the player who wants to have access to all the content.
The table below shows the status for the first half of May 2020. The Elder Scrolls Online is being updated with new expansions and there is a good chance that the list of available versions will change in the coming months/years .
The Elder Scrolls Online editions - list
TESO is sold in three main versions:
- The Elder Scrolls Online Standard Edition - includes the basic game and the Morrowind expansion.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Elsweyr - includes basic content as well as Morrowind, Summerset and Elsweyr expansions.
- The Elder Scrolls Online Greymoor - includes basic content as well as Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr and Greymoor expansions. Greymoor is scheduled to be released on May 26, 2020 on PC and June 9, 2020 on PS4 and XONE.
You can purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in the regular version or in the CE - Collector's Edition. If you choose to buy a collector's edition, you will receive the following bonuses:
- Unique mount - Senche-Raht
- Unique pet - Ashen Scar Jerboa
- Emote pack: Khajiiti Cultural Pack
- Unique Outfit Style Conversions - Dragonbone Style
- Unique Memento - Archaic Lore Tablets
You don't have to worry that by buying the cheaper version you will "miss" the chance of getting content from the more expensive editions. You can buy DLC add-ons separately on an ongoing basis. The game also has an option of a paid upgrade from the standard version to the collector's edition.
Versions of TESO - chich is worth buying?
Below you can find our recommendations for the various version of The Elder Scrolls Online:
- If you have no experience with MMO games and have not played TESO so far, we recommend getting the basic edition. It contains enough content that should last you for a few hundred hours. It will also allow you to learn all the basic gameplay mechanics. Once you have gained enough knowledge about the game, you can buy those expansions that interest you the most.
- If you want to start the game with as much content as possible, the best solution will be to buy the Greymoor edition. It will give you access to a total of four large expansions. It is worth noting that buying Summerset, Elsweyr and Greymoor DLCs separately is more expansive than buying the entire set straight away.