The rogue is one of the most effective classes, when it comes to dealing damage. This build has been centered around dealing ranged damage (archer). What you focus on most, in this build, is the passive ability tree and the tree of archery. Since the rogue both has magical and physical abilities, it is difficult to distribute points, among the statistics. Therefore, it is a good idea to spend as much as you need to. If your character prefers physical abilities, over the magical ones, raise the statistics of stamina. If you prefer using magic, raise magicka.
In the archer build, you focus not only on physical ranged attacks, but also on magical ones. The greatest advantage of the rogue is his high critical hit and critical damage factors so, it is a good idea to invest in the tree of passive abilities of the medium armor. If you fight against mages, it is a good idea to break their spells with the Venom Arrow ability. This, reinforced with Focused Aim, on additional damage. Then, after you pull the enemy with the Silver Leash, finish them off with the Impale ability. The ultimate ability is perfect against groups of enemies, where you can hop from one opponent onto another, where the last one takes the highest damage.
1. Poison Arrow + Morph on Venom Arrow
The ability deals physical damage. Morph on breaking the casting of the opponent's ability and knocking them off balance.
2. Snipe + Morph on Focused Aim
The ability deals physical damage. Morph casting a debuff, which increases damage from ranged attacks and increases the range at which the opponent can be attacked.
3. Silver Bolts + Morph on Silver Leash
The ability deals physical damage and gives a chance to kill an undead or daedric opponent. Morph on pulling the opponent and dealing just as much physical damage.
4. Assassin's Blade + Morph on Impale
The ability deals damage from magic. Opponents that are low on health receive an additional of 200% damage. Morph on using the ability at a range.
5. Strife + Morph on Swallow Soul
The ability deals damage from magic and heals for 25% on dealt damage. Morph on increasing health restoration.
R. Death Stroke + Morph on Soul Harvest
The ability deals immense damage from magic, directly proportional to the charged ability. Morph on increased regeneration of the ability, while killing opponents.
Recommended item types
As the rogue (archer) you focus on one weapon only, i.e. the bow. Distribute the points evenly into magicka and stamina, and the passive skills that you use are connected with medium armor. Therefore, accumulate the percentage chances for a critical hit.
- Bow - For this build, you need a bow. It is a good idea to have the Precise trait, which increases the factor of critical hits, or Weighted, which increases the speed of attack. As for spells, you can use damage from elements.
- Medium Armor - to be able to use the passive ability, which increases the factor of critical hits, you need to use five elements of medium armor. A good idea is to use the spells to buff your stamina, to avoid running out of it in the battle.
- Accessories - the necklace and the rings should have the properties that increase your stamina, or reduce its consumption. Both variants are useful.
- Mundus Stone - use the Thief stone to raise your chances of scoring a critical hit.