On this page of the Elden Ring guide, you will learn how to defeat the Ancient Dragon Lansseax boss, located in the Altus Plateau. You will learn her exact location, the rewards for defeating her, and the easiest way to beat her.
The Ancient Dragon Lansseax can be found in two locations. She will run away from the first location to the second, but both are in the Altus Plateau.
Reward for defeating
For defeating Ancient Dragon Lansseax, you will receive the Lansseax's Glaive incantation and 60,000 Runes.
- This battle is your typical dragon fight, with the difference that Lansseax can wield red lightning. What's more, she is rather fond of using it. For this reason, it's best to equip armor that protects against lightning.
- Consider using Jellyfish or Latenna's ashes, as they'll find it much easier to land hits on the boss. They're also effective at diverting Lansseax's attention away from you.
- The boss takes twice as much damage to the head. However, you don't have to target it exclusively. Lansseax's head is tricky to hit, because many of her moves involve her flying into the air and then launching an attack.
- It's also difficult to inflict statuses on her, as she is highly resistant to all of them.
- Consider using a mount during this battle. It will let you to evade the boss's attacks considerably faster, as well as approach and attack her in turn.
How to defeat?
The first encounter with this boss won't be too intense, because once you've reduced her health to 80%, she will fly away to the second location. However, keep an eye out for her lightning attacks.
Apart from the standard dragon attacks, the most dangerous one is her spear, which deals lightning damage. If you aren't especially resistant to this damage type, this attack might immediately kill you. Use your mount to travel quickly, increasing or decreasing the gap between you and the boss depending on the situation.
In the second location, the boss will start with the same amount of health she had before escaping. The fight is quite similar to other dragon battles, so use the same strategies as before. However, you have to keep an eye out for her lightning attacks.
Also, watch out for the moment when the boss raises her head and wings up, then lets out an excruciating roar. Numerous lightning bolts will surround her and then strike at random locations. The attack may not be precise, but it affects a huge area. However, the attack leaves the boss's head exposed, and it also makes it much easier to break her poise.