On this page of the Elden Ring guide, you can find tips on how to defeat Lichdragon Fortissax - a boss battle taking place in Deeproot Depths. The fight takes place in the final stage of Fia, Deathbed Companion questline.
As a result, in order to fight Lichdragon Fortissax, you need to complete all previous quests related to Fia. You can find walkthroughs for them on a dedicated page of the guide: Fia .
Reward for defeating
For defeating Lichdragon Fortissax you will receive Remembrance of the Lichdragon and 90,000 Runes.
Moreover, defeating him concludes Fia's questline, which is rewarded with Mending Rune of Death-Prince that unlocks a new ending.
- Fortissax deals mostly physical, fire and lightning damage. It is a good idea to equip yourself with items that protect well against these types of damage.
- Target the head - its the most vulnerable of his body parts . Targeting other body parts is not recommended, as hitting the head deals twice as much damage.
- The boss is immune to all statuses . Moreover, he has increases resistance to holy and lightning schools.
- Fortissax can kill you immediately if the death status bar fills up. Remember not to stand in the cloud of death for too long.
- Due to his large size, it will be a good idea to use sorceries and incantations that work at extended ranges and hit several times, such as Meteorite of Astel, Comet Azur or Rock Sling .
- Fortissax very often starts the battle by summoning multiple lightning bolts that spread deathblight . It is best to avoid this attack by staying away from the cloud so to not get killed.
- We recommend standing in front of him which makes targeting the head much easier.
- Most of his attacks can be avoided by staying close to his legs . However, watch out for attacks that generate red lightning, very often after the attack animation is complete, the lightning will start moving along the ground, dealing more damage.
How to defeat?
As the battle starts, use ranged attack if you have them. Fortissax is likely to produce a few lightning bolts which, upon hitting the ground, will begin to spread clouds imposing deathblight status.
Most of his attacks are linear, hitting mostly what's in front of him. Therefore, by clinging to its legs, you will avoid most attacks. However, keep in mind that some of them create a shockwave that will hit you if you do not dodge.
Fortissax, apart from the standard breathing fire he usually performs when you stand in front of it, can also fly upwards to better position itself. The distance between you can be significant, so be prepared for ranged attacks.
As the second phase starts, this move can even turn into a single spear attack . It's best to go under it then, thanks to which there is a good chance that you will avoid a direct attack with the weapon. However, you have to watch out for the spreading lightning, which will be on the ground after the weapon attack concludes.
However, the most dangerous attack Fortissax has to offer is creating two red lightning bolts in each paw. To avoid this attack well, you have to remember that he attack with one lightning first, followed by a discharge on the ground, and when it ends, a second, similar attack takes place . Therefore, remember to be prepared to dodge, even if the attack itself does not hit you directly.