Elden Ring: Godskin Apostle boss battle - how to defeat? Elden Ring guide, walkthrough
On this page of the Elden Ring tutorial you will learn how to defeat the Godskin Apostle, the first version of which can be found in Caelid, specifically under the Divine Tower of Caelid. The next one is located in the Altus Plateau.
Last update: Tuesday, June 14, 2022
On this page of our Elden Ring guide, you can find tips for Godskin Apostle, a boss which you fight in different instances - in Caelid, under Divine Tower of Caelid, and in Altus Plateau.
Divine Tower of Caelid:
The first Godskin Apostle you encounter is found in Divine Tower of Caelid. To get there, you need to follow the tree root and use your mount to reach the tower found before you. Go up the ladders, then head left, while watching out for chasms and enemies.
Once inside the tower you have to descend all the way down. Use landslides to descend safely.
Altus Plateau, Windmill Heights:
The second Godskin Apostle can be found in the Altus Plateau , more specifically at the Windmill Heights site of grace.
Reward for defeating
For defeating the Godskin Apostle in the Divine Tower of Caelid location, you will receive the Godskin Apostle's Set and 94,000 Runes.
For defeating the Godskin Apostle in the Windmill Heights location, you will receive his weapon, Godskin Peeler and the Scouring Black Flame spell . In addition, you will receive 14,000 Runes .
- In almost every case, Godskin Apostle will harass you with the Scouring Black Flame orb when you attempt to heal yourself. The orb strikes if you are close to the boss. If you are far enough, you will be able to dodge at the last moment and avoid the spell.
- If the orb strikes you, keep in mind that your health will deplete for a duration of a few seconds. Therefore, keep attention to your health, especially when you're low, so to not die from the orb.
- The boss is vulnerable to bleed, so if you have sorceries, incantations, or a weapon that induces bleeding, equip and use them. Consider getting a supply of multi-use items, such as Kukri.
- Maintaining safe distance from the opponent is very important during this fight. , especially because of his fast and far-reaching attacks and the orb attack, which is possible to avoid if you have enough time.
- Using spells that hit the target multiple times, such as Greatblade Phalanx, may cause the boss to be stunned very quickly and he'll be thrown off-balance.
- As the second phase begins, Godskin Apostle's spells have an extended range and he uses more powerful black flame spells.
- The second phase starts as the enemy becomes airborne, creating a powerful explosion around him. When you see the Apostle beginning the second phase, quickly run away.
How to defeat?
To prepare yourself better for the encounter, equip a weapon or spells that induce bleeding. The boss has a low resistance to this status, so you will be able to deplete his health bar very quickly.
Under no circumstances should you try to replenish your health or mana when you are close to the boss . In most cases, the enemy will respond with casting a black flame orb that is impossible to avoid in close range. If you're away, you can manage to dodge as the healing animation concludes
When it comes to melee attacks, the boss performs a short combo consisting of a few hits - in that case, let him attack and avoid incoming blows. As soon as his combo end, start attacking or or fire magic projectiles at him.
When his health drops below 60%, stay away, because then he will start to rise into the air, creating a powerful shockwave that will push you back and deal a lot of damage.
From that moment on, the boss gains the opportunity to extend his body . You should then stay away from it. His black flame attacks are lethal. Also, when one part of his body gets longer, his whole body will move there with further impact animations. Therefore, wait for a good moment to attack.