On this page of our Elden Ring guide, you will find tips on how to defeat Crystalian. This is an optional boss that appears in various places in the game world. It is either Liurnia of the Lakes, Caelid or Altus Plateau .
Crystalline appears in different places . You can meet 4 different versions of it. They are located in the following places:
- Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel in Liurnia of the Lakes - on our map, site of grace number 35.
- Academy Crystal Cave in Liurnia of the Lakes - on our map, site of grace marked 17.
- Sellia Hideaway in Caelid - on our map, it is the site of grace number 33.
- Altus Tunnel on the Altus Plateau - on our map, it is the site of grace number 13.
Reward for defeating
For defeating Crystalian in Raya Lucaria's Crystal Tunnel, you will receive Runes (3000) and Smithing Stone Miner's Bell Bearing 1 .
For defeating two Crystalians (one with a spear and one with a wand) in the Academy's Crystal Cave, you will receive Runes (3300) and the Crystal Release spell . If you use the elevator behind the arena and then take the stairs to the top, you will find the Terra Magica spell in the chest.
For defeating three Crystalians in the Sellian Hideout, you will receive Runes (7000) and the Crystal Torrent spell .
For defeating two Crystalians (one with a spear and a one with a ring blade) in the Altus Tunnel, you will receive Runes (9000) and Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing 2 .
- To successfully hurt a Crystalian, you need to break through their very durable armor . A strong jump attack will work best here. Your attacks won't make a dent first, but after destroying the armor, the rest goes very quickly.
- You can place poison, frostbite and scarlet rot statuses on Crystalians. On the other hand, they are resistible to bleed.
- If there are more than one Crystalian (some instances) focus on the one with the spear, as this one attacks the most and with the most punishing power. You can also target the one with the wand, if you're not comfortable with magic attacks.
- Three Crystalians (Sellian Hideout instance) can place scarlet rot status on you, so have a few Preserving Boluses on the ready .
- During each instance, you can use ashes or summon ally players. This is recommended especially in instances where you face more than one Crystalian.
How to defeat?
The fight with the Crystals is quite specific. At the beginning, each of your blows will bounce , and your opponents won't care too much about being attacked. However, after a few strong jump attacks, their hard shell will crack.
Crystals can have almost all negative statuses (except bleeding), which can make the battle a bit faster if you combine them with heavy attacks. For obvious reasons , heavy weapons will work best - such as hammers, great swords and axes.
When fighting several Crystals at the same time , it is good to focus on the most dangerous type . It will be either the one with the spear or the wand. It is their attacks that are the most common and severe.
During the fight in Sellian Hideout, you will face Crystalians inducing scarlet rot . Therefore, it is a good idea to bring a few Preserving Boluses.
When fighting more than one Crystlian, it is good to have an ally or use ashes. Thanks to this, all the opponents' attention will not be focused on you, and in addition, they will be a little separated, which will make it easier to eliminate them. Especially if you focus on different targets.