This page of the Elden Ring guide is dedicated to the Alabaster Lord boss encounter, taking place in Lirunia of the Lakes, in Royal Grave Evergaol to be exact.
Reward for defeating
For defeating the Alabaster Lord, you will receive a gravitas spell, namely Meteorite and 3600 Runes .
- The Alabaster Lord uses gravitas spells very often. When the spell strucks you, there is a good chance of your hero being pulled towards the boss , or thrown very far away.
- The spells are telegraphed clearly . Most of the time, the cast starts when the boss places his sword into the ground, or creates a purple portal from which meteorites emerge.
- The fight takes place in an eternal prison (evergaol), which means that you cannot summon other players to help , use ashes or a mount.
- Meteorites fly at a slow pace, and also have trouble homing to their target. Therefore, all you have to do is slightly dodge to avoid them .
- Consider keeping to the outskirts of the arena , as in the central part of the arena, a meteorite blast may hit you, even if it seems safe.
- The Alabaster Lord is resistant to frost damage but is vulnerable to poiso, scarlet rot and bleeding.
- The boss has a very low poise, thanks to which most attacks can break his stance very easily.
Melee build - how to fight?
As you enter the evergaol, move to the outskirts of the arena to begin the battle. Consider staying at the outskirts of the arena, as you won't be in the meteors' range after they hit the ground.
If the enemy places his sword in the ground, a shockwave is created. The wave doesn't reach a large radius, but it is better to move away from the boss when he makes this attack. Being caught in the blast means you'll be pulled to the boss, and after a moment, a large number of meteorites will appear that deal high damage.
If you stay far away from the boss, he will often conjure a gravity sphere that is fast and can hit you. Therefore, it's a good idea to keep at a medium distance. If you're equipped with a heavy weapon, jump attacks can throw the boss off-balance very quickly, so do so if the boss starts casting meteorites.
When you are in melee range, the boss will often strike with his sword. He starts with one attack and then starts performing a sword combo. Get away from the melee range when that happens, and return to strike after the boss performs the combo.
When you break his stance, which is a fairly simple task, you can perform a critical hit that deals high damage to him.