This page of our Elden Ring guide is dedicated to a boss encounter taking place in Miquella's Haligtree location. The boss in question is Loretta, Knight of the Haligtree - an optional encounter that you can skip and still finish the game. You've faced this enemy before, but this time she returns in a different form.
Miquella's Haligtree is a hidden location. The entrance to it is in a location called Ordina, Liturgical Town . You'll also encounter a Site of Grace of the same name. Ordina, Liturgical Town is located in the northern part of Consecrated Snowfield - the exact location can be found here . As you enter the town square, there is a small gargoyle that you can interact with it, which will activate a portal. Enter it to get to a different version of the same area. Your first task is to light 4 candles found next to certain statues. Finding them is not a problem - worry about encountered opponents, as one of them is invisible. Nevertheless, don't worry about losing your progress after dying, as your progress in this task is saved automatically. After lighting all the candles, the barriers will disappear and you'll be able to continue to the next area. The teleport is located in a tower to the north of the city .
Use it to enter Miquella's Haligtree . Here you must follow the roots until you reach a denser area. Continue forward until you reach a Site of Grace called Haligtree Town. There is a large arena nearby which will be the site to the boss encounter.
Reward for defeating
For defeating Loretta, Knight of the Holy Tree, you will receive Runes (200,000) and Loretta 's Mastery and Loretta 's War Sickle .
- Loretta, the knight of the Holy Tree, is most prone to scarlet rot and poison , but bleeding and frostbite statuses can also be placed on her.
- To prepare better for the encounter, equip armor that mixes magic resistance and additional physical damage.
- The battle consists of two phases.
- Loretta is an enemy that is best kept at medium distance, so you can quickly get closer to deal damage or retreat if needed. You can stay in melee range, but dodging the boss attacks will be more difficult.
- The boss often attacks with ranged magic projectiles, which are best avoided with a well-timed dodge, preferably in her direction.
- During both phases, the enemy can attack you with arrows. When struck, the arrow causes an explosion, which deals a lot of damage. To block this attack, you need to have a large shield equipped - if you're without one, you can make due with dodges.
- In the second phase, the opponent will imbue her weapon with magic . If you subject yourself to a combo from this weapon, you'll most likely die.
- You can always make the battle easier by utilizing Ashes or other players' help.
How to defeat?
After crossing the barrier, you will have quite a lot of time to equip Ashes or prepare items that can aid you in combat. The arena is large and the opponent is in the very center of it. Therefore, it will take some time before she closes her distance to you.
To make the battle easier, you can summon a companion with high endurance. The Mimic Tear can also prove to be useful here, as it can distract the opponent. Keep your enemy at a medium distance throughout the fight, and be ready to dodge if needed. The enemy can also fire magic projectiles that home towards you. This attack is easy to recognize by the materializing rune.
Circle around the opponent, but stay at her sides, interchangeably, so that she has to reposition. If you are directly behind him, his mount will perform a kick.
The opponent can use his magic bow, even before you deplete half of his HP. Its projectile deals a lot of damage and additionally causes an explosion, so you need to dodge very carefully to avoid taking damage. In such a situation, it is a good idea to roll towards him to shorten the distance and gain a chance to attack.
In the second phase (which will happen after you deplete half of the enemy's HP), the opponent will become more fierce and much more dangerous. His weapon will now deal magic damage, so you will lose HP much faster if you come within range of his attacks. One of the boss's moves involves two sweeping strikes, a jump, and a strong landing - if subjected to it, there is a high chance that you'll die.
The bow attacks are more dangerous in the second phase, as the opponent fires three big arrows instead of one. Additionally, the boss makes use of other projectiles, so be ready to dodge - again, preferably towards the enemy, so you'll have a chance of reaching her and attack.
You can also corral the enemy towards the wall - thanks to this, he won't be able to escape your grasp, opening her to your attacks - nevertheless, watch out for smaller projectiles that can still hurt you. Also watch out for melee attacks, as if you're close, the boss uses them more often.