This page of the Elden Ring game guide contains information about boss weapons. In this game, defeating bosses won't earn you souls, but rather remembrances, which can be swapped for items and weapons.
Boss Soul Weapons - do they exist?
Bosses don't drop souls, but certain main and optional bosses will reward you with special remembrances upon death. They serve the same purpose as Boss Souls from the Dark Souls series. This means you can exchange them for unique weapons, items and spells. To trade, all you need to do is head to Finger Reader Enia. You will find this woman in the Roundtable Hold.
Boss Remembrances - what are they for?
Certain bosses will drop remembrances, which you can then deliver to Finger Reader Enia. There are fifteen different remembrances in the game and each can be exchanged for two items:
- Remembrance of the Regal Ancestor - the Winged Greathorn greataxe or the Ancestral Spirit's Horn talisman;
- Remembrance of the Naturalborn - the Bastard's Star flail or the Ash of War: Waves of Darkness;
- Remembrance of the Lichdragon - the Fortissax's Lighting Spear incantation spell or the Death Lightning incantation spell;
- Remembrance of the Fire Giant - the Giant's Red Braid whip or the Burn, O Flame! incantation spell;
- Remembrance of the Grafted - the Axe of Godrick greataxe or the Grafted Dragon fist;
- Remembrance of the Full Moon Queen - the Carian Regal Scepter glintstone staff or the Rennala's Full Moon sorcery spell;
- Remembrance of the Blasphemous - the Blasphemous Blade greatsword or Rykard's Rancor sorcery spell;
- Remembrance of the Starscourge - the Starscourge Greatsword colossal sword or the Lion Greatbow;
- Remembrance of the Omen King - the Morgott's Cursed Sword curved greatsword or the Regal Omen Bairn reusable item;
- Remembrance of the Blood Lord - the Mohgwyn's Sacred Spear great spear or the Bloodboon incantation spell;
- Remembrance of the Rot Goddess - the Hand of Malenia katana or the Scarlet Aeonia incantation spell;
- Remembrance of the Black Blade - the Maliketh's Black Blade colossal sword or the Black Blade incantation spell;
- Remembrance of Hoarah Loux - the Axe of Godfrey colossal weapon or the Ash of War: Hoarah Loux's Earthshaker;
- Remembrance of the Dragonlord - the Dragon King's Cragblade heavy thrusting sword or the Placidusax's Ruin incantation spell;
- Elden Remembrance - Marika's Hammer or the Sacred Relic Sword greatsword.
Remember that you can make copies of remembrances in the walking mausoleums. These are walking buildings with bells that can be stopped in their tracks by attacking their legs. Once inside, you'll be able to replicate any remembrance you have or have used, netting you another copy of the item. Keep in mind, though, that the number of walking mausoleums in the game is finite.