This page of the guide to Elden Ring explains how all of the available character attributes in the game work. This way, you will find out which attributes are worth investing in, depending on what build you choose.
Attributes - what exactly do they refer to?
There are eight attributes in Elden Ring that you can invest in to upgrade your character. Ever one offers something different, so it's worth considering what you want to upgrade before spending the runes. These are:
- Vigor - Investing in Vigor will increase your maximum HP level.
- Mind - Investing in Mind will increase your maximum FP level.
- Endurance - Investing in Endurance will increase your maximum stamina level and load capacity, allowing you to carry heavier equipment.
- Strength - Investing in Strength will increase weapon damage, which scales alongside the Strength attribute. Additionally, you need a certain amount of Strength points to be able to use heavier weapons.
- Dexterity - Investing in Dexterity will increase weapon damage, which scales alongside the Dexterity attribute. Additionally, you need a certain amount of Dexterity points to use lighter weapons. It also slightly increases the spell charging speed.
- Wisdom - Investing in Wisdom increases magic damage. This attribute is required to use most spells and some incantations.
- Faith - Investing in Faith increases damage from incantations and miracles. This attribute is required to use some spells and most incantations.
- Arcane - Increases magic and incantation damage, required for some spells and incantations. Increases the possibility enemies dropping items.
What to invest in?
It all depends on what build you want to play. For passive builds, you should upgrade both Vigor and Endurance from time to time, as this is the key to your survival.
When it comes to the heavy armor and weapons build, you should mainly focus on investing in Vigor, Endurance and Strength.
For more dexter characters, you should focus mainly on Vigor, Endurance and Dexterity.
For spell-casting mages, Vigor, Mind, Wisdom and Dexterity will be important to reduce the spell casting times.
For Prophets who mainly use incantation, the stats needed will be Vigor, Mind, Faith, and Dexterity.