Dying Light 2: The Breakthrough - help Frank or chase the truck? Dying Light 2 Guide, Walkthrough
This Dying Light 2 guide page explains an important choice from the main Breakthrough quest - help Frank or chase the vehicle?
Last update: Monday, February 21, 2022
This page of the guide to Dying Light 2 describes an important choice in the main quest, The Breakthrough. You will learn what the choice looks like and what options you have - should you help Frank, or maybe follow the truck.
You can find the complete walkthrough of The Breakthrough main quest in our guide. The following description refers only to the important choice.
- Important choice in The Breakthrough quest - help Frank or go for the truck?
- Option 1 - Go for the truck
- Option 2 - Ask Margaret for help
Important choice in The Breakthrough quest - help Frank or go for the truck?
After the fight, you will receive a time-limited mission objective to check on Frank - it's enough to run to the designated spot, which will take you about ten seconds max.
Now, you'll have to make an important choice regarding Frank, who's been shot with a poisoned arrow. You can proceed in two ways:
- Option 1: the left dialogue option - ask Jack Matt to keep Frank alive so that you can start chasing the truck right away. This option is worse, because Frank may die.
- Option 2: the right dialogue option - find a way to help Frank. This is a better option, because Frank can survive this way, and you will chase the truck later in the mission anyway.
Option 1 - Go for the truck
If you don't help Frank in The Breakthrough quest, he will die.
Option 2 - Ask Margaret for help
You will find Margaret in a hut on Culvert Island. After talking to her, you will receive a quest to find 5 underwater herbs.
Go outside and dive. Use your survivor sense to easily find the plants on the bottom. You need to get 5 herbs.
After you get the herbs, you have to go back to Frank - the new time limit is 2 and a half minutes. Get out of the water as soon as possible to start running. Your goal is the canteen in Fish Eye - you should have plenty of time left after you arrive.
A cutscene will play, where Frank will be saved. During this scene, you may remain silent or tell Lawan that the Renegades are not using the poison that was used on Frank. This will raise suspicion that he might've been poisoned by someone else.