Dying Light 2: The Raid - meet with Aitor or Sophie? Dying Light 2 Guide, Walkthrough
This Dying Light 2 guide page explains an important choice from the main Raid quest - whether to meet Aitor or Sophie.
Last update: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
This page of the guide to Dying Light 2 describes an important choice from The Raid main quest. You'll learn about the decision whether to meet Aitor or Sophie.
You can find the complete walkthrough of The Raid main quest in our guide. The following description refers only to the important choice.
- Important choice during The Raid quest - Aitor and Sophie
- Option 1 - Go to Aitor
- Option 2 - Go and meet Sophie
Important choice during The Raid quest - Aitor and Sophie
The first important choice in Dying Light 2 triggers after you're tasked with heading to the Tango motel. When you try to enter the hotel, Hakon will contact you through a walkie-talkie and you'll have to make a choice. You have a limited time to choose, but you can pause the game to think about your decision.
This decision affects the course of the current quest, The Raid, but the next quest will always be Water Tower.
Option 1 - Go to Aitor
Choosing this dialogue option means that you want to help the Peacekeepers. Of course, this does not mean your chances of remaining on good terms with the Survivors are lost.
Instead of entering the hotel, you have to go straight to the metro station, to the Peacekeepers base, and report to Aitor.
After a short conversation with Aitor, in which the leader of the Peacekeepers will reveal his plan to you, The Raid mission will end and you will automatically start a new main quest - Water Tower.
It should be noted here that not exploring the hotel during the mission does not mean that you will not be able to go back there and collect the loot. You will be able to do that later in the story.
Option 2 - Go and meet Sophie
Choosing this dialogue option means that you want to help the Survivors. Of course, this does not mean your chances of remaining on good terms with the Peacekeepers are lost.
Choosing the right dialogue option means that you want to help the Survivors (this will not ruin your relationship with the Peacekeepers).
Aiden will enter the motel and explore it. Go to the upper floors of the building and reach the outer balconies. You have to cross the drawbridges to reach the passage marked in the picture, with a UV lamp next to it.
After entering the new part of the building, you will find, e.g. a GRE crate with inhibitors. You have to reach a small courtyard and interact with the walkie-talkie lying on the ground next to the corpse of a Peacekeeper.
Barney will appear and order his people to attack you. They shouldn't be difficult, but the limited area may be a problem. Don't get cornered and keep all enemies in sight. Also, pay attention to the spikes in the courtyard - you can push enemies (e.g. using kicks) to impale them on the spikes.
After the fight, be sure to heal yourself and select a good weapon from the inventory. When you try to return inside the building, Hermann will appear - he is a mini-boss (with a lot of health). The fight with Hermann is very similar to all confrontations with "large" opponents equipped with two-handed melee weapons. Here are the most important tips:
- Watch out for Hermann's telegraphed strong attacks. Jump backwards to get out of his reach.
- A spinning attack is also dangerous, as it can easily reach Aiden. Focus on quickly getting away from the boss.
- Look for opportunities for quick single attacks to take advantage of your opponent's slow movement. After attacking once or twice in a row, quickly move away from Hermann so that you don't get hit back.
As a reward for completing the quest, you will get a unique reward - Hermann's Bludgeon.
Once the fight is finished, you have to return to the building. However, the door will be closed. This forces you to find an alternative exit from the courtyard - jump towards the ledges shown in the picture and then jump towards the ladder located far up in the air.
You have to reach the metal gate in one of the corridors of the building that you passed earlier on your way to the courtyard. When you try to open it, Barney and Sophie - you have to make another important choice with a time limit.
- We can help each other: Aiden offers his help and you move to the next dialogue option, where you have the next choice;
- Try me!: this ends the conversation with Sophie. You will have to leave the building and go to Aitor (option 1 of this important choice).
If you agreed to help Sophie, you will move to the next phase of the dialog, where you will again have to choose one of two options:
- I'll help: Aiden agrees to help Sophie to fulfill her plan and you will advance to the next main mission - Water Tower;
- No way. I won't help you.: Aiden refuses to follow Sophie's plan. This will end the conversation. You have to leave the building and go to Aitor (option 1 of this important choice).