On this page of the Dying Light 2 guide you'll find information regarding Military Tech. You'll learn how to easily obtain the respawning military tech as well as what it can be used for.
Military Tech applications
Military Tech is a term for unique loot of the Artifact quality, that is, the best quality possible. This kind of loot is stored in a backpack in the Craftmaster Resources tab, together with infected trophies.
You use Military Tech to upgrade Aiden's tools / gadgets. Specifically, you can upgrade the flashlight, the paraglider and the grappling hook. You do so with the Craftmasters' help - we've described the process on the Tools - how to upgrade? page.
Finding Military Tech - the easy method
You get Military Tech from supply drops - unique crates hidden all over the world map. They can be found, for example, on tall buildings' rooftops. You need a GRE Access Key to open each crate, but you can use a lockpick instead if you don't have a key (which is a real possibility during the campaign).
Each crate contains a single Military Tech, but you can use an exploit by abusing the fact that Military Tech respawns overtime in already looted crates. The plan is reaching a specific crate over and over to get more tech out of it.
The supply drop pictured here - the one in Old Villedor's Horseshoe district - is a perfect crate to use the exploit on.
The crate can be found on a damaged bridge behind the Tango motel. The route you should take is pictured above. To progress, you must:
- climb the ladder onto the smaller scaffolding on the left,
- use two hanging ropes to jump to a larger scaffolding and climb to its top,
- jump onto a hanging metal object - note: it can move and change its position, you mustn't slip off of it,
- jump from the moving object to the holes in the vertical wall and climb up.
There is a safe zone here which you must unlock (by activating the generator) to ensure that you can easily return here.
The drop you are looking for is on a separate fragment of this viaduct (pictured above) and you must grab onto a new rope to reach it.
Here's what you need to do now:
- After obtaining the Military Tech return to the main menu or use fast travel. This is so the tech can respawn in the same crate.
- Return to the viaduct, but instead of climbing back up again, kill yourself - jump down to your death or blow yourself up with a grenade. Aiden should respawn in the nearest safe zone, that is, the one on the viaduct.
- You can now quickly and easily return to the supply drop crate and get more Military Tech.