Dying Light 2: Inventory Full - how to empty? Dying Light 2 Guide, Walkthrough
This Dying Light 2 tutorial page explains how to respond to the full inventory message, which blocks further collection of certain loot.
Last update: Thursday, February 3, 2022
On this page of the Dying Light 2 guide, you'll learn what to do when a full inventory message appears. Among others, you'll find out what can trigger this information, how to effectively empty your inventory by disposing of or consuming items, or selling unwanted loot.
- Why there is a full inventory message?
- Removing items from inventory
- Consuming items by crafting.
- Stashing items
- Selling items
Why there is a full inventory message?
A full inventory message may appear quite early in the game, especially if you are in habit of collecting all the items you've encountered and storing them in your inventory. This problems involves two types of items in your inventory.
- Weapons (melee and ranged) - you can carry only a maximum of 24 weapons at a time.
- Armor items ( e.g. headgear, chest, boots) - The main character can carry a maximum of 64 items of clothing at a time.
In both cases, the appearance of the message will prevent you from picking up the new items, and it can be problematic if you have found something of value.
Other restrictions are as follows:
- Accessories -You can carry up to 16 of such items, fortunately those of the same type - (throwing knives, Molotov cocktails) occupy a single slot.
- Consumables you can store up to 16 It should be noted here that most of the time consumables occupy a single slot (e.g. medicine) items of different rarity (e.g. common or rare medicine) may take up separate slots. .
There are more limitations when it comes to your inventory:
- You can carry a limited amount of ammunition . If you produce or buy too many arrows, they are placed in separate slots (an example of this is shown in the picture above). You have 8 slots at your disposal.
- In the case of crafting reagents, you are safe - a maximum of 999 pieces of a given ingredient can be carried.
Removing items from inventory
The problem can be solved in 3 ways: First is to drop unwanted items. We recommend that you use this method only if you have found something of better quality and want to quickly free up space in your inventory by disposing of a less valuable item. .
Consuming items by crafting.
In case of storing too many crafting ingredients, you can spend them by crafting new items. We recommend unlocking as many blueprints as possible so each carried ingredient can be spent on at least one item.
This is the best method for storing items that may be useful later in the game, e.g. clothing for different playstyles or legendary weapons that you want to save for the toughest battles. Stashes are bags for storing items - you can find them in every allied base, usually next to your bed. Each stash is separate - to pick up stored items, you need to return to the same stash.
The last option is to sell items you won't be needing. Visit any trader in the game, choose the sell tab and dispose of unneeded items. Depending on the level and rarity of the item, you can get from several dozen to several hundred gold pieces on average for each sold outfit or weapon.