This page of the Dying Light 2 guide focuses on a possible bug related to safe zones. You will learn what can cause a safe zone to become inactive and how to try to fix the bug.
Note - This bug may not appear in your game. Some bugs and glitches are game-specific and platform-specific. In addition, many bugs should be fixed with the next patches, released after the launch of Dying Light 2.
As a reminder, safe zones are small hiding places on the world map - some of them are unlocked automatically, and others can be unlocked yourself by reaching them and interacting with their generator. The bug described on this page may concern:
- Safe zone inactivity - After reaching it, the bed and the stash may not be usable.
- No color change of captured zone - By default, all visited and captured safe zones should turn green. There may be times when some of them stay white.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the game installed to reduce the risk of this bug.
- You can reduce the risk of getting this bug - do not try to activate the generator to unlock the safe zone if the hero is currently chased by enemies or is talking to someone via a walkie-talkie. Wait for all other actions to finish.
- Go to the main menu and select the option to resume the game. The world map will reload and you will return to the last checkpoint or the closest safe location. A bugged safe zone should become available for use even if its icon on the map remains white.