The Sandworm is a monster that can be encountered in the wastelands of planet Dune in Dune Spice Wars. On this page, you will learn how to avoid Sandworm attacks and how to protect your troops and Harvesters from Sandworm attack.
What is a Sandworm?
The Sandworm appears randomly in different places on the planet. It eats your Harvesters and units. You will be informed by a message - in the upper left corner - about its appearance. In addition, units at risk of attack will have a red exclamation mark visible above their heads.
The area that is under threat from the Sandworm's attack is easily visible due to rippling sand. Remember that even if you run away from the sand zone, returning too quickly to the endangered place will immediately trigger a Sandworm.
How to protect yourself from a Sandworm?
To protect yourself from the monster, you must move the army outside the threatened area, and recall Harvesters to the Refinery - click on the vehicle and select Recall. You can use the Auto-Recall option, thanks to which your Reapers will be automatically taken from the place of danger. However, this results in a loss of 5% of the harvested Spice. However, you have to be careful to direct them back to collecting the spice by yourself. Don't do it too soon - only when the rippling sand disappears from the Harvester's work area.
- The Sandworm can eat the Harvester or any army within its range.
- More than one squad may be eaten.
- The eaten Harvester will be rebuilt soon for free. If you include a Crew in a Harvester, you will lose it irretrievably and without compensation.
- The Sandworm is attracted by the vibrations of the earth. For this reason, neither the Shuttles nor the hovering robots may attract its attention. Also, units that are standing still won't aggro the Sandworm. However, loud stomping of a large army or the sounds of combat, especially explosions, greatly increase the chance that a Sandworm will appear.
- It is a good idea to move units in small groups, e.g. 2 or at large distances from each other, especially when escaping away from a Sandworm.
- You are safe on a rocky ground. This applies to villages, but also to some biomes, where instead of sand there is a rocky ground.
- Fremen have almost no problems with Sandworm, because they can live in harmony with the planet - they do not use Harvesters and their armies can move quietly.